• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If jesus is michael the archangel...

How do you explain Hebrews 2:9?

But we see him who has been made a little lower than the angels, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God he should taste of death for everyone
Hebrews 2:9

Therefore God also highly exalted him, and gave to him the name which is above every name; that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth,
Fil. 2:9-10

I believe Jesus is higher than all angels.

Bree

Jesus was the arch angel who was 'made a little lower then the angels' when his life was transferred to the womb of mary who gave birth to him in human form.

Upon his return to heaven he was seated at Gods right hand and now he was back to his original life....Michael the Arch Angel meaning the 'chief of all the angels in heaven'

How do you see it??

In support of member Bree, I understand this arrangement of Jesus being "made a little lower than the angles..." to be justified because he was not a spirit creature but became flesh. However, after his restoration in Heaven, he re-established in his prior role as archangel. Paul was making a partial quote from Psalms 8 5. See Philippians 2:7-11.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe made lower than the angels means the angels have a higher physical quality than humans. For one they may have eternal life since we encounter Gabriel in the OT and then again 100s of years later with Mary.

Reactions: DNB

kjw47

Hebrews 2:9--But we behold Jesus who has been made a little lower than the angels, crowned with glory and honor for having suffered death that he by Gods underserved kindness might taste death for every man.

What does this have to do with Jesus being Michael?

Upon the return of Jesus, he comes with the trumpet of God( announcing his ride) and with the voice of the archangel- 1Thess 4:16--- Do you think he borrows Michaels voice= NO It is his voice.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus was the arch angel who was 'made a little lower then the angels' when his life was transferred to the womb of mary who gave birth to him in human form.

Upon his return to heaven he was seated at Gods right hand and now he was back to his original life....Michael the Arch Angel meaning the 'chief of all the angels in heaven'

How do you see it??

I believe that is total fantasy. It has no evidence to support it at all.

I believe this verse describes the conception: Luke 1:35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born5 will be called holy— the Son of God

Reactions: DNB

Bree

I believe that is total fantasy. It has no evidence to support it at all.

I believe this verse describes the conception: Luke 1:35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born5 will be called holy— the Son of God

I beleive the bible does express the idea that Jesus was originally from heaven, and transfered to life on earth.

So are you saying you do not believe that the Jesus the Son of God was originally a spirit person who lived with God in heaven prior to coming to earth?

Bree

Because Jesus isn't the "archangel Michael", he's the Creator Son Michael.

Hi Colter,

there is good reason to believe that Jesus is also Micheal the Archangel.

First Thessalonians 4:16 says “The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.”
Here Jesus is being directly linked with the “archangel” Michael. Its notable that all references to the Archangel is in the singular....so there is only 1 arch angel.

the second consideration is the fact that Jesus holds the highest authority in heaven (next to God of course)
the Arch angel is also termed such due to his authority. And if Jesus were not the Arch angel, then it would not be proper for him to describe his authority in this way at Matthew 28:18-20: All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth."

3rdly it is Jesus as the Arch Angel who goes into battle against the enemies of God to bring to destruction all who oppose Gods rulership.
Revelation 12:7-9 names the one who leads the Angels into Battle as Michael
2 Thessalonians 1:7 names Jesus as the one who leads the Angels into Battle

the fact that bible writers interchange these names is significant and gives good reason to believe that Jesus, Micheal, and the Archangel are one and the same.

Colt

Hi Colter,

there is good reason to believe that Jesus is also Micheal the Archangel.

First Thessalonians 4:16 says “The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.”
Here Jesus is being directly linked with the “archangel” Michael. Its notable that all references to the Archangel is in the singular....so there is only 1 arch angel.

the second consideration is the fact that Jesus holds the highest authority in heaven (next to God of course)
the Arch angel is also termed such due to his authority. And if Jesus were not the Arch angel, then it would not be proper for him to describe his authority in this way at Matthew 28:18-20: All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth."

3rdly it is Jesus as the Arch Angel who goes into battle against the enemies of God to bring to destruction all who oppose Gods rulership.
Revelation 12:7-9 names the one who leads the Angels into Battle as Michael
2 Thessalonians 1:7 names Jesus as the one who leads the Angels into Battle

the fact that bible writers interchange these names is significant and gives good reason to believe that Jesus, Micheal, and the Archangel are one and the same.
Michael the Son of God has an archangel, perhaps many under his authority. It should read “the archangel “of” Michael”.

Bree

Michael the Son of God has an archangel, perhaps many under his authority. It should read “the archangel “of” Michael”.

According to scripture, Micheal is the Archangel.
Jude 9:But when Miʹcha·el+ the archangel+ had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body,+ he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms,+ but said: “May Jehovah* rebuke you.”+

the early christians, and here Jude; Jesus 1/2 brother & son of Mary his mother, specifically states that Michael is THE archangel. He doesnt say he is 'ONE OF' or 'AN' Archangel. He says he is the 'The Archangel' meaning there is only 1.

And this Michael is the one whom God uses to destroy all enemies. Jesus identified himself as the one through whom all enemies will be destroyed as did his apostles
2thess 1:
6 This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you.+ 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus+ from heaven with his powerful angels+ 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God+ and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.+

1thess 4:16 “
The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet,

Colt

According to scripture, Micheal is the Archangel.
Jude 9:But when Miʹcha·el+ the archangel+ had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body,+ he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms,+ but said: “May Jehovah* rebuke you.”+

the early christians, and here Jude; Jesus 1/2 brother & son of Mary his mother, specifically states that Michael is THE archangel. He doesnt say he is 'ONE OF' or 'AN' Archangel. He says he is the 'The Archangel' meaning there is only 1.

And this Michael is the one whom God uses to destroy all enemies. Jesus identified himself as the one through whom all enemies will be destroyed as did his apostles
2thess 1:
6 This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you.+ 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus+ from heaven with his powerful angels+ 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God+ and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.+

1thess 4:16 “
The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet,

There is more than one Michael in scripture and not every Michael is an archangel.

Before coming down from heaven a Jewish name was chosen for the incarnate son. Gabriel instructed Mary on what his name was to be, patterned after his namesake Jashua. The heavenly name for our Creator Son is Michael.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I beleive the bible does express the idea that Jesus was originally from heaven, and transfered to life on earth.

So are you saying you do not believe that the Jesus the Son of God was originally a spirit person who lived with God in heaven prior to coming to earth?

I believe heaven is everywhere which is where God is, so it is in no doubt true that He was not in a bodily state before being incarnated.

I believe God is one. Two Spirits would not be one.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is more than one Michael in scripture and not every Michael is an archangel.

Before coming down from heaven a Jewish name was chosen for the incarnate son. Gabriel instructed Mary on what his name was to be, patterned after his namesake Jashua. The heavenly name for our Creator Son is Michael.

I believe that takes a lot of imagination since there is no evidence for it. The name of the creator is Jehovah.

Colt

I believe that takes a lot of imagination since there is no evidence for it. The name of the creator is Jehovah.
The name of the Son of God and creator of this world was revealed to John in the vision he had on Patmos. The term "Jehovah" was a much later translation.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Michael in Angelic realm is responsible over the title and role of God as Rahman (extending his compassion, help and mercy to all). Gabriel is responsible over Ar-Raheem which is particular to the guided believers.

The purpose of Michael is to call to Gabriel. Gabriel calls to the leader of the time. And leader of the time calls to God.

All in all, the light of Ahlulbayt (a) and their names are written on all Arch Angels and they arch Angels are under supervision of God's chosen group the chosen household of revelation of the time.

In the past, Moses (a), Aaron (a), and the two named Mary(a) and that their holy family including David (a), Saul (a), Solomon (a) and Elyas (a) and Jesus (a), and the successors between not mentioned were the sky family which was the light of the world.

Jesus (a) was the light and portal and means connected to the sky reality which his Twelve Captains who were Predecessors were linked.

If Michael (a) rules the world, it would mean, God's overflowing mercy has taken over humanity, and it would mean Gabriel (a) also rules. This would mean on top of them - the holders of the throne, the visited household (baytal mamoor) rule humanity.

This is why there is no real difference between Mahdi (a) ruling and Isa (a) ruling, although Isa (a) will pray behind Mahdi (a) and testify to his superiority and authority, the Quran and light of God ruling humanity, is per commands of Jesus (a). There is no dispute between Mahdi (A) and Jesus (A).

This is why Elijah (a), Jesus (a), Khidr (a), Enoch (a), and other Baqeen (remaining ones) from offspring of Nuh (a) that we don't know about, all of them will come with miracles and testify to the Mahdi (a).

If they are accused of sorcery, and we accuse them all of lying, that we will have failed the reason God safeguarded Enoch (a) in the first place to return.