• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus is alive in heaven, John 3:16 is mistranslated or a fabrication or lie

t3gah

Dead and gone means you gave your life for something. Come back from the dead and the deed is null and void and also meaningless since you're the one that can't be killed and can't suffer because those things can be gotten rid off just like simply changing your shirt.

IT's a lie.

No*s

Captain Obvious
t3gah said:
Dead and gone means you gave your life for something. Come back from the dead and the deed is null and void and also meaningless since you're the one that can't be killed and can't suffer because those things can be gotten rid off just like simply changing your shirt.

IT's a lie.

How would that be the case? Is "love" a good metaphor for how God feels towards humanity? That seems to be a standard Christian response. Did God give Jesus over to us to die (and in the past tense)? Again, the answer is yes. Was the purpose that we "might not perish but have everlasting life?" That's also wrapped up in even believing in the resurrection.

I don' tunderstand how it can be a lie. You're going to have to elaborate more.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I'm sorry t3gah...

God sacrificed his PERFECT union with his son for us. He suffered and died for us.

Why don't you go through a scourge and crucifixion and come back and tell us how it's like "changing your shirt"???

Lightkeeper

I believe it's a metaphor for having the Eternal within us and this is what Jesus was teaching. Heaven is within us, therefore yes the Eternal would be alive and well within us.