• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If evolution is everything....

ashkat1`

If the old is perfect the new can be built upon it.
I don't believe there is fever anything totally perfect. I love music and have yet to hear a perfect concert. I dare someone to show me a perfect concert. Also, if the new builds on the old, then a new pattern has been brought in, the previous pattern has vanished. if you add a room onto your house, that is a different house from what you had before, the previous overall pattern has disappeared, though residuals of the earlier house persist.

Etritonakin

I don't believe there is fever anything totally perfect. I love music and have yet to hear a perfect concert. I dare someone to show me a perfect concert. Also, if the new builds on the old, then a new pattern has been brought in, the previous pattern has vanished. if you add a room onto your house, that is a different house from what you had before, the previous overall pattern has disappeared, though residuals of the earlier house persist.
I guess I'm not that particular.

Etritonakin

Our thoughts are essentially made possible by differences in electrical potential which represent something else -and there was certainly some sort of potential -and something able to cause that potential -before the Big Bang, as evidenced by the Big Bang and all that followed.

I do not know the nature of the most basic things which exist -but knowing such would reveal exactly what required what sort of intelligence.
Intelligence requires some things, and some thing require certain levels of intelligence.

As I see it, the present overall situation required forethought -and I see no reason why an overall intelligence could not have existed or developed before the Big Bang, which was able to plan it and execute it.

After all -that which existed before the Big Bang became -at least in part -an entire universe and, as far as we know, a planet with many intelligent individuals.
It's the same stuff -but in a different arrangement.
If it became intelligence now, it could have become similar before -though not element-based.

Just as certain things are not now possible without human creativity being applied, it seems to me that the universe could not have existed without creativity.

Given the complexity of the universe -atoms which lend themselves to evolution -evolution itself -human intelligence and creativity.......

To me, at least, It actually seems more simple and easy for an initial overall intelligence to have developed -eventually becoming capable of planning and causing an extremely complex universe -than the universe simply popping into existence without being preceded by any sort of intelligence -and it seems quite necessarily so.

It is not easy for many religious minds to imagine God as developing -but as God is the one by whom all things consist, creation itself is essentially God self-developing.

Isaiah 33:10 Now will I rise, saith the LORD; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up myself.

Last edited: