• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a person claiming to be Christ comes today, how do you know it is really *not* him?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So an appeal to authority is all you got in my view.
And no he was not a man that all would turn to concerning the Quran as other wise all would have accepted his ruling that Baha'u'llah was in the Quran. Beware the sales pitch of the hagiographers in my view
Your view does not include the evedence of the records of that time, some given in that story link. Thus you are not aware of the multitudes that were inspired by Vahid and who chose the same path as Vahid on to martyrdom. This also was about the Bab and not Baha'u'llah, as Vahid after his meetings with the Bab, became a Bab'i. The cause of the Bab was spreading like a wildfire, this is why he was imprisoned and after 6 years, murdered. Then the actions of a couple of Bab'i who wanted ro right an injustice, set the bloodbath in motion.

This is what the Shah said of Vahid.

`It is strictly forbidden to any one of our subjects to utter such words as would tend to detract from the exalted rank of Siyyid Yahyay-i-Darabi. He is of noble lineage, a man of great learning, of perfect and consummate virtue. He will under no circumstances incline his ear to any cause unless he believes it to be conducive to the advancement of the best interests of our realm and to the well-being of the Faith of Islam.'[1]

It is a shame the wayward mullah had such a voice in the ears of the Shah, the Shah was inclined towards the truth.

Your view is also not considering that a Messenger of God is sent to the most degraded peoples, those whos standards have eroded greatly from the faith they proclaim, the wayward divines of a religion in deep winter.

So, why Vahid was a Muslim, he was indeed a man all turned to and held in very high honour, so how weak their loyalties and morals were, that when he embraced the truth given by the Bab, they saw a chance for power over Vahid.

The path you have chosen, with OPs such as this can only grow the cause brought by Baha'u'llah, as a lot of people do actually want the truth and will choose to filter out distorted opinions to find the actual facts. In the end all the distortion created by the enemies of the Bab and Baha'u'llah will become as clear as the noonday sun.

I can only wish you well and happy, your choices are yours to make and I guess it is apt for me to thank you as Baha'u'llah has said,

"...Verily God rendereth His Cause victorious at one time through the aid of His enemies, and at another by virtue of the assistance of His chosen ones..."

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Same passages, given with different frames of reference supported by new ideas.

Exactly how Christianity and Islam were born, in fact it is how all new Faiths from God are born.

It is a choice, stay with the old and reject all else, or embrace the new that is inclusive of the old. I made my choices, best of luck with your choices, I hope you do a lot better than me.

Did you read the link, the story told by the very person that met the Bab?

Regards Tony
Sorry, but I don't know much about Islam and the Quran. If you have a Christian scholar that met the Bab, Baha'u'llah or even Abdul Baha send me a link to their story.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Your view does not include the evedence of the records of that time, some given in that story link. Thus you are not aware of the multitudes that were inspired by Vahid and who chose the same path as Vahid on to martyrdom. This also was about the Bab and not Baha'u'llah, as Vahid after his meetings with the Bab, became a Bab'i. The cause of the Bab was spreading like a wildfire, this is why he was imprisoned and after 6 years, murdered. Then the actions of a couple of Bab'i who wanted ro right an injustice, set the bloodbath in motion.

This is what the Shah said of Vahid.

`It is strictly forbidden to any one of our subjects to utter such words as would tend to detract from the exalted rank of Siyyid Yahyay-i-Darabi. He is of noble lineage, a man of great learning, of perfect and consummate virtue. He will under no circumstances incline his ear to any cause unless he believes it to be conducive to the advancement of the best interests of our realm and to the well-being of the Faith of Islam.'[1]
So you are confusing the allegiance of thousands of people and the Shah with the allegiance of *all* in my view, why would the Shah have to forbid speaking against him if he had the allegiance of *all*? He wouldn't, he was just a divine propped up by a dictator in my view.
It is a shame the wayward mullah had such a voice in the ears of the Shah, the Shah was inclined towards the truth.

Your view is also not considering that a Messenger of God is sent to the most degraded peoples, those whos standards have eroded greatly from the faith they proclaim, the wayward divines of a religion in deep winter.
The presence of wayward divines suggest the presence of other leaders not aligned to Valid, which makes it a marketing lie told by a hagiographer that *all* followed him in my view.
So, why Vahid was a Muslim, he was indeed a man all turned to and held in very high honour, so how weak their loyalties and morals were, that when he embraced the truth given by the Bab, they saw a chance for power over Vahid.

The path you have chosen, with OPs such as this can only grow the cause brought by Baha'u'llah, as a lot of people do actually want the truth and will choose to filter out distorted opinions to find the actual facts. In the end all the distortion created by the enemies of the Bab and Baha'u'llah will become as clear as the noonday sun.

I can only wish you well and happy, your choices are yours to make and I guess it is apt for me to thank you as Baha'u'llah has said,

"...Verily God rendereth His Cause victorious at one time through the aid of His enemies, and at another by virtue of the assistance of His chosen ones..."

Regards Tony
Lol at Baha'u'llah's minuscule faith after 160 years being victorious in my view.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
People do like talking for God.

Regards Tony
We ALL do - there is no evidence for God - no one has seen him, have no evidence of even his existence
we are all viewing God in our own way - to me for Christians and Muslims it is a Master
For Hindus and Buddhists it is a Parent/Teacher
Different goals, different responsibilities
I see Hindus and Buddhists addressing God as Lord - I tell them that is not right
It is short for Lord & Master - a slave word - a child/student of God should not be using that word
I also see them kneeling before God - again I say if your a Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh - you should not kneel to your Father/Teacher

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, but I don't know much about Islam and the Quran. If you have a Christian scholar that met the Bab, Baha'u'llah or even Abdul Baha send me a link to their story.
Sorry, I see that is your loss CG, you will find no better records of a meeting of a learned person meeting a Messenger of God (Therr are many of these records for meetings with the Bab and Baha'u'llah. I also knew nothing of Muhammad and the Quran, but relished the stories told in love and honesty and came to Love Muhammad, as I do Jesus the Christ.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We ALL do - there is no evidence for God - no one has seen him, have no evidence of even his existence
we are all viewing God in our own way - to me for Christians and Muslims it is a Master
I see Hindus and Buddhists addressing God as Lord - I tell them that is not right
It is short for Lord & Master - a slave word - a child/student of God should not be using that word
I also see them kneeling before God - again I say if your a Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh - you should not kneel to your Father/Teacher
The evidence are those that actually have the authority to speak for God. They are the example and proof.

That is all I can offer.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Same passages, given with different frames of reference supported by new ideas.

Exactly how Christianity and Islam were born, in fact it is how all new Faiths from God are born.

It is a choice, stay with the old and reject all else, or embrace the new that is inclusive of the old. I made my choices, best of luck with your choices, I hope you do a lot better than me.

Did you read the link, the story told by the very person that met the Bab?

Regards Tony
I didn't a search but didn't find anyone that sounded like a Christian scholar.

So, is there a Christian scholar, that new all the "fundamental", Born-Again Christian interpretations, that met either the Bab, Baha'u'llah or Abdul Baha and was so impressed and convinced by them, that they became a Baha'i?

That would mean that when Baha'u'llah said that it was Ishmael, and not Isaac, that was taken to be sacrifice by Abraham, that the Christian scholar was convinced that Baha'u'llah was correct and the Bible wrong.

That would mean that a Christian scholar met Abdul Baha' and became convinced that Jesus had not physically risen from the dead and believe as Abdul Baha' says... that it was a symbolic and spiritual resurrection.

If you can't find anybody that met any of them, then any Christian scholar that converted to the Baha'i Faith will do. But what I want to see is what they say about how their old Christian interpretations were wrong, and how the Baha'i interpretations are correct.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I'd be wary of that word *all* but otherwise I agree with what you've said above.
Many Hindus do bow or prostrate to ancestors, I mean there's not much difference between touching the feet of one's parents and kneeling in my view. Both seem to me to indicate reverence and humility.

danieldemol

Premium Member
The evidence are those that actually have the authority to speak for God. They are the example and proof.

That is all I can offer.

Regards Tony
God hasn't given authority to anyone in my view, they self proclaimed that authority which is a strong hint that their authority was based in self.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, is there a Christian scholar, that new all the "fundamental", Born-Again Christian interpretations, that met either the Bab, Baha'u'llah or Abdul Baha and was so impressed and convinced by them, that they became a Baha'i?

George Townsend.

"The mightiest proof of a Prophet has ever been found in Himself and in the efficacy of His word. Bahá’u’lláh rekindled the fires of faith and happiness in the hearts of men. His knowledge was innate and spontaneous, not acquired in any school. None could gainsay or resist His wisdom and even His worst enemies admitted His greatness. All human perfections were embodied in Him. His strength was infinite. Trials and sufferings increased His firmness and power. As a divine physician He diagnosed the malady of the Age and prescribed the remedy. His teachings were universal and conferred illumination on all mankind. His power has been poured forth more abundantly since His death. In His presence He stood alone and events have proved and are still proving its accuracy."

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My loss? A person could tell me how the met the Dalai Lama and were so impressed they become a Tibetan Buddhist. It would be a great story, but what would it mean to you? That person would probably now believe he has been reborn into this life from having lived many past lives.
Yes CG, a great loss, our spirit embraces all faiths, all peoples and we limit ourselves.

I have done it for many years, I am not offering from a position of superiority, I offer from one who has made many and I say many mistakes.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Big? Somewhere between a million or more people up to the self reported figure of 5 million in a world of 8 billion?
The faith is more than numbers that have embraced it, it is a new creation. Thus all the decay in building the new creation, is also part of the given Word.

Your response, is part of it all.

Regards Tony

RamaRaksha

*banned*
I'd be wary of that word *all* but otherwise I agree with what you've said above.

Many Hindus do bow or prostrate to ancestors, I mean there's not much difference between touching the feet of one's parents and kneeling in my view. Both seem to me to indicate reverence and humility.
Bowing is fine - we see the Japanese doing that all the time - it is form of greeting similar to saying Hello, shaking hands, Namaste etc
Prostration and kneeling is different - we should not be doing it - that is what I am saying, touching feet may be fine(not too happy about it either) but kneeling is slave behavior and does not belong in Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and any other religion that does not view God as a Master - to be blindly obeyed
We are at a higher level - No Child or Student should greet their Parent/Teacher in that manner and we see we don't do that
We give our parents a hug when we see them, we don't kneel to Teachers either

RamaRaksha

*banned*
God hasn't given authority to anyone in my view, they self proclaimed that authority which is a strong hint that their authority was based in self.
We still live in a Might Makes Right world
The two top religions control the media, even this one - none of my letters, op-eds to newspapers, magazines see the light of the day
They control the intellectuals, the moral, the philosophers
They get to shout that theirs is the only way, all others are wrong
One guy told me coolly, like he was discussing the weather, that I am bound for hell - and of course not just me but my loved ones and BILLIONS of people like myself - entire families, women, children, even babies - are to be set apart, judged solely on the basis of religion and condemned!
Who does that remind you of? Yes, Jews in Nazi Germany
But we can't protest - we can't write about this - we WILL be censored!