• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idol Shepherds

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
The mystery of iniquity occupies the moment between feeding the flock and leading the flock.

Living waters are to be shared as the Spirit gives utterance: in the moment. As he or she is led, the householder brings forth things old and new to those able to receive gifts of the Spirit in faith. Because, at one level, such communication occurs between humans, gratitude may be misdirected to the messenger, fostering inexpedient dependence.

This natural attachment, back and forth, should be diligently avoided. To feed is to lead, but to lead blindly results in greater need down the path to perfection.

b.

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
There's no group to which I properly belong, to my knowledge.

Where I go, I go; but I've no need to stay.

Kings Saul < Kings David. HaShem chooses our delusions to inform our realizations.

b.

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
I think you're in the wrong DIR :)
I'm sure it was an accident.

I just read the list of directories through in its entirety. Turns out there is a group that might be a better fit for me: Non-Revealed Religions, I think it's called? "Uncategorized Religions" would avoid the illogical aspect of its title.

Nevertheless, I'm a Messianic Jew. It's not a self-categorization.

b.

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
It's been awhile, Jay.

Religions are Forms. Forms are idols, when served. Jn. 16:2.

To be perfectly clear, I am also a Christian Muslim and a Islamic Jew. 1 Cor. 9:22.

b.

Last edited:

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
I just read the list of directories through in its entirety. Turns out there is a group that might be a better fit for me: Non-Revealed Religions, I think it's called? "Uncategorized Religions" would avoid the illogical aspect of its title.

Bumble a bit, don't I!

I guess I should expect to intrude wherever I go. If I do so respectfully, and leave when asked? What more might an old man do?

b.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The mystery of iniquity occupies the moment between feeding the flock and leading the flock.

Living waters are to be shared as the Spirit gives utterance: in the moment. As he or she is led, the householder brings forth things old and new to those able to receive gifts of the Spirit in faith. Because, at one level, such communication occurs between humans, gratitude may be misdirected to the messenger, fostering inexpedient dependence.

This natural attachment, back and forth, should be diligently avoided. To feed is to lead, but to lead blindly results in greater need down the path to perfection.

b.

How do you know the mystery of iniquity isn't Evolution, or willful disobedience of the Messiah as in blaspheming the Spirit? I've noticed this is the only one of the nine mysteries not explained by the subsequent passage. Not attacking you, just wondering how you know what the MOI is, since there are different commentaries on it...

b.finton

In the Unity of Faith
Thank you.

The statement is a reflection of an understanding that arose from a spiritual rebuke. In contributing to a discussion, I exceeded the concepts the Spirit had impressed upon me in the moment and began to draw upon other received spiritual concepts I considered relevant. It's not that my additional understandings and concerns were wrong, but that they were inexpedient. The truths I chose to share on my own were tainted by well-meaning tinkering that, if continued, would have established me as an idol shepherd.

Smoking flax, bruised reeds? These are visceral subtleties not fully appreciated by third parties, and only the Spirit of Truth has the perspective to make calls for efficacious ministration. Elders have useful learning and experience from which to draw; but nothing can end error or strengthen what is failing but the Salvation of Yah: even as Y'Shua confessed, "I, of myself, can do nothing."

The son of perdition who exalts himself? Who has all the answers? He hides within the human heart.