• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wonder...

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Snowbear said:
Only if it's genuine. If it's phony or staged, it makes me uncomfortable to be singled out. I would rather be left alone. If I ever do end up going to a church, I will go back for the message and the worship, not the people. People have always and will always, always end up letting me down.

Hi Snow bear, you poor thing I know exactly where your coming from, have you heard of what is called " Love Bombing " some cult groups use this type of of show to make you think that this group are the best thing since sliced bread, Jesus said that one would know his people if they had geniune love between them but some groups take this to extrems and one can clearly see that it is phoney..But there are geniune christians out there who really do look out for the interest of others. If you don't mind me asking, in what way do you feel people let you down.. there are loads of geniune people out there, both christan and non christians, please take heart everybody is not all bad.. :)

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
glasgowchick said:
...in what way do you feel people let you down..
Does it matter?
glasgowchick said:
...there are loads of geniune people out there, both christan and non christians, please take heart everybody is not all bad.. :)
I know that. But they're still people and they are still subject to the imperfections we all have. I'm just to the point where i need to protect myself from further hurt.....

For some people life is a roller coaster subject to ups and downs. Well, my roller coaster keeps derailing. After too many train wrecks, the broken parts get harder and harder to put back together.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
does it matter
Hi Snowbear, I would say yes that it matters, But it sounds like you have been let down so many times that you are at the point of giving up on people, But please try not lose hope, I know there are at times we think whats the point and everytime we pick ourselves up we are knocked for 6 yet again..
well my roller coaster keeps on derailing, after too many train wrecks, the broken parts get harder and harder to put back together
Their has been times in my life were I am so low I just don't want to get back up, but my hubby used to say,When things start to fall apart, we pick up the pieces that still fit and throw away what don't..Yes It gets harder but we can't stop trying, not for anybody elses sake but for our own well being..Do you have family or friends you can talk to, people that you do trust..If you feel you need to talk, I am a good listener..but above all , pray about whatever is bothering you, God is one person who will not let you down..God Bless :)
Snowbear said:
Does it matter?
I know that. But they're still people and they are still subject to the imperfections we all have. I'm just to the point where i need to protect myself from further hurt.....

For some people life is a roller coaster subject to ups and downs. Well, my roller coaster keeps derailing. After too many train wrecks, the broken parts get harder and harder to put back together.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
glasgowchick said:
Hi Snowbear, I would say yes that it matters, But it sounds like you have been let down so many times that you are at the point of giving up on people, But please try not lose hope, I know there are at times we think whats the point and everytime we pick ourselves up we are knocked for 6 yet again.. Their has been times in my life were I am so low I just don't want to get back up, but my hubby used to say,When things start to fall apart, we pick up the pieces that still fit and throw away what don't..Yes It gets harder but we can't stop trying, not for anybody elses sake but for our own well being..Do you have family or friends you can talk to, people that you do trust..If you feel you need to talk, I am a good listener..but above all , pray about whatever is bothering you, God is one person who will not let you down..God Bless :)

Hi again snowbear, I don't know if you have read this or not and since I just read some of your Journal you sound like your hurting real bad, Im sorry I truley am :( I didn't know the extent of your hurt, I still dont but can only imagine..This is for you..

One night I dream't a dream
I was walking along the beach with my Lord
when the last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the foot prints in the sand
and to my supprise I noticed, that many times along
the path of my life, there was only one set of foot prints.
I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life
This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilema.
Lord you told me that when I decided to follow you
you would walk and talk with me all the way
But I am aware that during the most troublesome times
of my life, there is only one set of footprints.
I just don't understand why, when I needed you the most
you leave me.
He whispered, my precious child
I love you and will never leave you
never ever during your trials and testings
When you saw only one set of foot prints
It was then that I carried you..
undefinedSnowbear, God will never abandon you, it is in these times He is carring you, trust Him, he will see you through..God Bless and Keeps you..