• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wonder...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
how many of our members of the church of Christ?

Where we aim to be Christians only.

Thanks to the PTBs that did NOT put this under protestantism.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
You're welcome. :)

I grew up in a Church of Christ until about the age of 14. Does that count? I think Linus is CoC.

Scuba Pete

And I grew up UU until I was 18. :D I think these new forums are GREAT. Are you going to have a place for the International Churches of Christ? They are a quite controversial offshoot of the churches of Christ.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I am a member of the church of Christ. I was raised in the church, fell away for a while (well, quite a while to be honest), returned and been faithful since then. Not perfect by any means, but faithful.

Maize, thank you so much for adding this part of the forums. It feels great to have my own little niche in here.:D

NetDoc, let's remember to keep a clear speration between what we talk about in other parts of the forums and what we hold dear as Christian brothers here. Mainly our love for each other, our God, His Son and His church. Much love bro'.:)

Scuba Pete

Back atcha! But just think how much closer to perfection you will be when you turn against the Shrub! Bwahahaha. (That was a joke).

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Just to pop in and bother everyone, I think both of you are too close to perfection as it is! Any more, and things'd get boring. We wouldn't want that!

Linus

Maize said:
I think Linus is CoC.
You think correctly. I was raised in a very conservative church of Christ. Folsom Pointe chruch of Christ in Folsom, CA. Now I'm living in Bowling Green, KY and there are about 4 churches in the area. I am still visiting around and seeing which one I want to worship with permanently.

Have any of you CoC'ers heard of Florida College? I just graduated from there last spring.

Linus

Yes, sir. Temple Terrace, Florida. I actually kinda miss it there. I had a great time.

Scuba Pete

We aim to be Christians only Snow, but not the only Christians! :D You are my sister no matter where you find yourself. ;)

Linus

Snowbear said:
Well, I aim to be a "Christian only" but am not a member of the CoC.... or any other church for that matter :eek:

So...do you mean that you do not worship with any sort of local group of christians that believe as you do?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Linus said:
If you dont mind me asking, Is there a particular reason?
Not really.

I can come up with a number of "reasons" I suppose. Here's a couple...

I don't socialize well and have no interest in putting on the happy face for a bunch of people I don't know. I do that at work 'cause I have to.

I haven't been made to feel truly welcome in any church so far (official "greeters" who make it a point to "welcome" new people don't count in my view).

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
I haven't been made to feel truley welcome in any church
Would it not be better for people to try and make you feel welcome than to walk into a church where it is all doom and gloom and get totally ignored, That would make me feel worse and not want to go back again, on the other hand, if I walked into a church were people were noticing me for being new and come up and welcoming me, I would probably go back.QUOTE=Snowbear]Not really. Oh and before I forget Hi Snow bear.. :)

I can come up with a number of "reasons" I suppose. Here's a couple...

I don't socialize well and have no interest in putting on the happy face for a bunch of people I don't know. I do that at work 'cause I have to.

I haven't been made to feel truly welcome in any church so far (official "greeters" who make it a point to "welcome" new people don't count in my view).[/QUOTE]

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
glasgowchick said:
Would it not be better for people to try and make you feel welcome than to walk into a church where it is all doom and gloom and get totally ignored...
Only if it's genuine. If it's phony or staged, it makes me uncomfortable to be singled out. I would rather be left alone. If I ever do end up going to a church, I will go back for the message and the worship, not the people. People have always and will always, always end up letting me down.