• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Was Diagnosed with PTSD

Well, interestingly I decided to make an appointment with a psychologist and psychiatrist. To make the story short, the psychiatrist diagnosed me with post traumatic stress disorder. The fear involves abandonment and rejection.

Apparently, I did not develop secure and trusting attachments with either of my parents, and this has led to issues with myself and how I form bonds in adult relationships. I did not recieve enough love, in fact there were multiple times where both my mother and father attempted to abandon me. I ended up forming an attachment to a blanket, and my father decided to take that away too, for who knows what reasons. He also decided to pick me up, and throw me into the wall at age three, because he decided to take his anger out on me. These are just a few memories, but my father continues to be abusive to this day.

I recieved a double dose of this and became a social outcast beginning in middle school. I was the laughing stock of every classroom until junior year of high school. Then I met my first girlfriend, who I thought would finally be the one to show me love and acceptance. She showed me the opposite.

This continued when I had attempted to form relationships with other women. I felt needy and insecure, and their rejection because of the former led me down a dark path of cynicism, self-hatred, self-infliction, and depression. I felt incredibly alone.

I'm 24 now, and I think I've come a long ways despite my predicament. I no longer feel depression, after battling it for years. Given the diagnosis, I think I can finally understand myself and the nature of my problems... and I will only continue to confront these fears.

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Well, it's good to know these things now. I'm sorry for the past you've been through, but it seems you're healthy enough to where you get help on your own, and that's saying something. I'm sure things will only get better. Judging by your other thread about shyness, you seem to be functioning "normally." :)

I have BIpolar II myself, and it's also thrown monkey wrenches into my relationships with people. But like you, I've gotten help and I've grown.

Here's to things getting better! :drunk:

kai

ragamuffin
you know understanding yourself and where you come from is great way of healing, and stopping the past from repeating itself. best of luck to you

Well, it's good to know these things now. I'm sorry for the past you've been through, but it seems you're healthy enough to where you get help on your own, and that's saying something. I'm sure things will only get better. Judging by your other thread about shyness, you seem to be functioning "normally." :)

Well, thats what I thought too. I think the worst for me may already be over. I just have some lingering issues when it comes to adult relationships.

Thanks for your comment... It gives me some hope.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
BSHU Student...

Im a stranger ..a rank stranger..and I may never speak to you again ..or you me..I just want to tell you I love you emmensley..and I am heart broken over how horribly you were treated as a child and as an adult..NO one deserves to be treated so harshley..even a criminal.Which you are not..

Your parents were messed up..they had no business to be in charge of a child..That doesnt mean that you arent perfect as perfect goes..

You seem to be the sweetest..Now ..if you have PSTD...well then..learn about it and you can still be your self..

Its a delicate balance with abandomnent issues specifically PTSD.

The only way to feel joy is to let the wall down..The only way to protect your self is to keep it up../..

What to do?...

Realize not everyone is going to hurt you..and realize most peole got hurt too..

I wish you all the greatest happiness in the world ....keep reaching..(listen to music...and cut other people lots of slack)

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well, interestingly I decided to make an appointment with a psychologist and psychiatrist. To make the story short, the psychiatrist diagnosed me with post traumatic stress disorder. The fear involves abandonment and rejection.

Apparently, I did not develop secure and trusting attachments with either of my parents, and this has led to issues with myself and how I form bonds in adult relationships. I did not recieve enough love, in fact there were multiple times where both my mother and father attempted to abandon me. I ended up forming an attachment to a blanket, and my father decided to take that away too, for who knows what reasons. He also decided to pick me up, and throw me into the wall at age three, because he decided to take his anger out on me. These are just a few memories, but my father continues to be abusive to this day.

I recieved a double dose of this and became a social outcast beginning in middle school. I was the laughing stock of every classroom until junior year of high school. Then I met my first girlfriend, who I thought would finally be the one to show me love and acceptance. She showed me the opposite.

This continued when I had attempted to form relationships with other women. I felt needy and insecure, and their rejection because of the former led me down a dark path of cynicism, self-hatred, self-infliction, and depression. I felt incredibly alone.

I'm 24 now, and I think I've come a long ways despite my predicament. I no longer feel depression, after battling it for years. Given the diagnosis, I think I can finally understand myself and the nature of my problems... and I will only continue to confront these fears.

First,i applaud you for your strength,after going through the physical and psychological abuse that you have, and to come through it as you have,is a testament to your strength.
I truly wish for the best for you now and in the future:)

the psychiatrist diagnosed me with post traumatic stress disorder. The fear involves abandonment and rejection.

I'm 24 now, and I think I've come a long ways despite my predicament. I no longer feel depression, after battling it for years. Given the diagnosis, I think I can finally understand myself and the nature of my problems... and I will only continue to confront these fears

step 1, break down and rebuild yourself to what you want to become
step 2: plan how your going to execute step 1
step 3 let your wounds heal (make sure you let all wounds heal)
step 4 : take medication and treatment
step 5 : gradualy build your selfasteem again
step 6 : do what you feel you need to do

Shay

She's a drifter, she is.
I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack

I'm not one for country music, but as a little girl, my mum gave me this song. She always hoped that the song would give me inspiration throughout life. To be in love with life. Look it up and pay attention to the lyrics. I always find comfort in it.

I am glad you are picking yourself up and finding help along the way. You're a strong person and I hope things continue to get better for you. PTSD isn't an easy thing to live with, but with enough time and love, your wounds can be healed. You've my support.

Good luck.