• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was accused of being a witch

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I thought I'd post an update related to my paranormal activities thread (Non-Christians only: Seeking advise for helping a Christian friend) in the Wicca DIR since I'm a Wiccan and I was accused of being a witch by some angry Christians. Of course, I'm not offended by this accusation, but I am rather put off by the accusations that followed, which were that I worship the devil and that, as a psychic medium, I converse with demons. These accusations stem from helping my Christian friend with her séance the day after Halloween (Nov. 1, the Day of the Dead), but she never called me and told me about the backlash she's been experiencing since then until this afternoon. I was relieved to know that she hasn't divulged any personal information about me, despite being pressured to do so by the pastor and other members of the church she used to attend. She told me that these Christians wanted to know who I was so that they could confront me. She also told me that she asked them what they were planning to say to me, and they refused to tell her.

Yes, I said the church she used to attend because, unfortunately, she left her church due to the constant shaming and threats to her immortal soul that she had been subjected to. I made an effort to warn her about the potential consequences of having a séance in her home and using a psychic medium to communicate with her deceased sister all the way up until an hour before the séance.

But despite my efforts, she was adamant about having a séance and having me help her. I did, however, convince her not to use her Ouija board, and she respected my advice about praying before, during, and after the séance. She prayed privately, like I asked her to. We talked for over an hour on the phone, and I tried to comfort her while we spoke, but I didn't quite know what to say to her.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should say to her when I call to check in on her either tomorrow or the next day? For the record, I do not practice witchcraft. I have tried divination, but it didn't go well because of my psychic mediumship abilities.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I don't see anything unfortunate about leaving a church full of people who behave like that.

I think that it's unfortunate because she had been attending the church for more than 10 years. She had friends there who shunned her. She was saddened by how her friends, the pastor, and other members of the church had turned so quickly against her.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I think that it's unfortunate because she had been attending the church for more than 10 years. She had friends there who shunned her. She was saddened by how her friends, the pastor, and other members of the church had turned so quickly against her.
I think what's truly unfortunate is that it took her 10 years to find out they weren't really her friends. I hope she can find a more welcoming and caring congregation/group to be with.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
But despite my efforts, she was adamant about having a séance and having me help her. I did, however, convince her not to use her Ouija board, and she respected my advice about praying before, during, and after the séance. She prayed privately, like I asked her to. We talked for over an hour on the phone, and I tried to comfort her while we spoke, but I didn't quite know what to say to her.

I'm just glad to hear that your friend listened to you bout the prayer before and after.

As for the church congregants, you have too options: ignore them, or confront them.

Which of those is the appropriate decision is up to you.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

That's... Terrible.

Hildeburh

Christian ignorance knows no bounds. They have been accusing pagans of devil and demon worship since the conversion era, demonising us and our gods/esses has always been a tactic of Christian churches. Makes me laugh, they don't have the insight to realise that Satan and Demons are their own construct.

Maybe your friend could consider an ancester altar rather than seance or Ouija board, then she could talk to her sister without an intermediary.