• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to be nice to God!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
no... it is still called "man has dominion" (Gen through Rev). Just don't judge God if you would do the same. :)
That is assuming all the babies, and slaughtered children would have grown up to be bloodthirsty murderers. I highly doubt it.

Some Idolators are peaceful kind people like Gandhi.

Some atheists are peaceful, humble, kind people like Buddha or @'mud

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That is assuming all the babies, and slaughtered children would have grown up to be bloodthirsty murderers. I highly doubt it.

Some Idolators are peaceful kind people like Gandhi.

Some atheists are peaceful, humble, kind people like Buddha.
God knows better. ISIS is a good example of a bunch of bloodthirsty people... quite a bunch of them too.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Ahhhh….Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Stalin, and that Japanese fella....
They did the `will` of `God ?.....really ?
From where did their `will` come, not `God`, but other men,
other men and Life's torments and favors, and other `good` men.
I really think that no `gods` had anything to with the torment and pain.
It is the remaining `evil` men that are still here, that do these acts,
and many more will come, sad to say, they are part of the Stuff we Live in.
No imaginary `gods` will help us, we are on our own, using our own will.
We must help ourselves, no-one out there to help any more, never was.
No, im not saying they did the will of God. I was comparing them to some of the"men of God" in scripture who committed mass-killings, harsh policies, or genocide in Scripture.

I don't believe that to be the will of God.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God knows better. ISIS is a good example of a bunch of bloodthirsty people... quite a bunch of them too.
ISIS commits many of the atrocities that God commanded in Scripture, like killing people for working on Sabbath, annihilation of Idolator's cities, destruction of polytheist shrines and Idols, oppression of those with different beliefs, or stoning of adulterers.

Kenny

Premium Member
ISIS commits many of the atrocities that God commanded in Scripture, like annihilation of Idolator's cities, destruction of polytheist shrines and Idols, oppression of those with different beliefs, or stoning of adulterers.
YUP! and if it weren't for The Cross, things might be a little different.

For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him would have everlasting life.

Such a message of love, restoration, forgiveness and mercy

Spiderman

Veteran Member
YUP! and if it weren't for The Cross, things might be a little different.

For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him would have everlasting life.

Such a message of love, restoration, forgiveness and mercy
I cherish the non-violent peaceful message of Jesus to love your enemies, but find it very disturbing how the majority of Christians preach that God is a psychopath who will torture non-christians for eternity!

That is worse, more cruel, and more hateful than anything ISIS ever did!

Kenny

Premium Member
I cherish the non-violent peaceful message of Jesus to love your enemies, but find it very disturbing how the majority of Christians preach that God is a psychopath who will torture non-christians for eternity!

That is worse, more cruel, and more hateful than anything ISIS ever did!

Some people are still baby Christians. That's why we follow Jesus and not people