• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think Odin wants in on the action

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, Thor has grabbed me in a headlock and hasn't let go. He's my go-to guy for strength and protection. But lately I've been feeling a call, if you will, or being drawn to Odin also. Maybe as I'm learning more about him I'm seeing his attributes that are as much a part of me as Thor's are.

Thor: my desire for strength, to protect, to show compassion for the "downtrodden" and disadvantaged; I have a short temper, but I'm equally quick to calm down; I love food. :D

Odin: I'm an almost insatiable info junkie, I love to collect books, even if I never read them I like having them should I decide to learn something; I like learning things (but dear gods, not anything having to do with work anymore); it may be a fantasy but some "warrior spirit" in me is awakening. I'm too old to join any LEO or branch of the Armed Forces, but I wish I could.

I was always afraid of Odin, seeing him as a stern and demanding god. I can't quite explain it, but I don't see him that way anymore. In fact I see Thor and Odin as complementary and supplementary, especially when it comes to my personality. Thor is the physical and emotional side of me; Odin is the intellectual side of me. I don't get the feeling there is any conflict between them over me because I think they and I know they each "rule" a different aspect of my being.

Ordinarily I would say at this point in the post "so how kooky and deranged is that?" but you know, I don't feel it is odd at all. In fact I'm actually kind of happy about it. It makes me feel wanted. :D

Sees

Dragonslayer
Your post makes me think of this quote :D

Meme+Monotheism+is+one+truth+for+the+masses+but+polytheism+is+many+truths+for+the+individual+Hilmar+Orn+Hilmarsson+Asatruarfelagid+Asatru+heathen+Iceland+Icelandic+Norse+Mythology+Blog+myth+gods+photo+final.jpg

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Yes, Thor has grabbed me in a headlock and hasn't let go. He's my go-to guy for strength and protection. But lately I've been feeling a call, if you will, or being drawn to Odin also. Maybe as I'm learning more about him I'm seeing his attributes that are as much a part of me as Thor's are.

Thor: my desire for strength, to protect, to show compassion for the "downtrodden" and disadvantaged; I have a short temper, but I'm equally quick to calm down; I love food. :D

Odin: I'm an almost insatiable info junkie, I love to collect books, even if I never read them I like having them should I decide to learn something; I like learning things (but dear gods, not anything having to do with work anymore); it may be a fantasy but some "warrior spirit" in me is awakening. I'm too old to join any LEO or branch of the Armed Forces, but I wish I could.

I was always afraid of Odin, seeing him as a stern and demanding god. I can't quite explain it, but I don't see him that way anymore. In fact I see Thor and Odin as complementary and supplementary, especially when it comes to my personality. Thor is the physical and emotional side of me; Odin is the intellectual side of me. I don't get the feeling there is any conflict between them over me because I think they and I know they each "rule" a different aspect of my being.

Ordinarily I would say at this point in the post "so how kooky and deranged is that?" but you know, I don't feel it is odd at all. In fact I'm actually kind of happy about it. It makes me feel wanted. :D
Interesting how our views of Odin differ. I've always seen him as a grim, black-humored sort who's weary of the world and is only fighting against the End of All Things because nothing makes him quite as happy as giving Fate the middle finger.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
My experiences with Odin are numerous. He's has a lot of substance, I would say even more than Loki. A very wide range of skills and known for wisdom and poetry, an insatiable thirst for mead and even motorcycles in modern occult.

Read Havamal, it's good a piece and take rest in knowing you can't be more than willing to go to battle.

It gets me by.