• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I.The Book of Satan ( The Satanic Bible)

Era

Many people in our days are affraid when they speek about satanism. When they think about it they see human sacrifice , child abuse and so on. In our late days , satanism has grown in independence from such statements . At it`s origin , "satan" meant the one that stands in opposition , that that`s diffrent from the others. If we think at this , than we might realise that many of us are against something in some point , so to have a satanic wiew it`s not that dramatic , it`s natural . But when you put this concept in religion , specially in those that are monotheistic , then you get another version of what "satan" means. This is the reason why modern satanism choosed to clarify the real meaning of "satan". Being a modern religion , it is field with a lot of humanism. So , what is modern satanism? It is the religion of man who can save himself. Modern satanism gave a lot of great personalities , but one of them made a great impact in satanism , A.S.La Vey . He was the first to create a satanic church , The church of Satan and to write a satanic bible . If you ask yourself what this bible has to say about man , here are some points from the first book of this bible: I.The book of Satan. It is a chapter that can be summarized in four ideas and a conclusion.
1. Human nature
Human nature is defined by will and wisdom.Man`s main purpose is self-accomplishment, in order to obtain that he must be vigilant, allways questioning the facts around him.
2. Man`s religion
In his wiew , LaVey considered religious practices to be a result of our will to have someone to belong to , to have someone that could be responsabile for our actions. Most of religions talk about a god or gods and the faithfull people. How can a god connect with his followers ? The answer is given by the ritual . For example, in christianity , the ritual shows , even if it is symbolic , the self-sacrifice , the blind faith of that who believes withount questioning . LaVey points out that this kind of faith can lead to prejudice and from that to a dramaticaly cease of one`s evolution. Also , religion talks about the absolut ( absolut god , eternity etc). Our reality shows that our life and everything around it it is relative . Things get their eternity only in our minds , it depends on what we feel about those things . With this we get to the third point(idee).
3.Man`s absolute values
Love , supreme good , morality , equality . Could they be defined for sure? In order to give an answer , he ask a simple question : if someone hurt you really bad , humiliate you or kils the one that you love , could you be able to turn your cheek and love him? This needs a true and honest answer . How can we define what`s good and what`s not ?Do we all consider the same things to be good? A true answer would say :no .So , if we think different , if we see the same world with diffrent wiews , than our world is not absolute and it`s values dependes on each man .
4. Man , the Saviour
So , if we can not be sure about anything that regards eternity , then we can be sure about this life , our life , that`s here and now! It`s up to us if we live or die , it`s our choice and our freedom to decide. With this we get to the conclusion of this first book : man`s will create and destroy , that will is the only god that man has to fear!

Era

I don`t learn the words , I understand them . But if you really like to know , it is forever . It`s part of the eleventh enochian key , from Leviathan `s Book . This particular key regards a funerary call . It speeks about the after world . I wonder if you read the Satanic Biblie , because if you did then you must know the answer of the question if there is forever. But since you`ve asked me , the answer is no . Modern satanism reject any possibilities for the existence of the after life . The only " eternal" existence a modern satanist could have , is that one given by his own actions . If you would like to know , it`s like J.P.Sartre said " the others are the hell". So , what you leave behind will be your eternity . If all you`re life you`ve been doing nothing , you`ve been weak , scared , then this will be you`re eternity . We don`t believe in some dreams , we believe in reality , life is here and now . If death is "the great abstinence" , then we can say that there is nothing there . We must enjoy our life as much as we can , because only here in this life we can complete ourselves . Trying to find an answer in the after life , in death means running away from yourself and from what you can be .

Azzas_Knight

actually, no. I havn't read the book. I've just been researching. I would've just looked it up if I had. But thanks for answering. Another question though, uh, so is the book about giving the reader a new perspective on satanism or on life. (Or do they both kind of go together like it's uh, suggesting that satanism is life?)

almifkhar

i read it once and i when i was finished i wondered why it was called the satanic bible when it seemed more like a guide to athiestism with the exception of talk of majic.

Era

Azzaz_knight , the book gives perspectives on both situations , religion and life . Many people know about satanism very few things and not so pleasant anyway . We have the other types of satanism wich are field with ritual , with things that you must do precisely , but modern satanism gives a new vision on things , here you are the god , you`re wishes are on the top of you`re list . It`s a sort of catharsis , it teaches you to not hide anymore under some rules , you are free , accept it and live with that . So it is a new style of life , a more independent one . Many religions try to please their god/gods , here the god/gods please us . People need a religion that would not humiliate them , they need a religion that would make them say " I love my life , this one that I got now!" . LaVey said " We are too diferent!" and indeed we are .

Era

almifkhar , welcome on this forum! It is a normal question the one that you `ve just asked , I myself considered about this when I first read The Satanic Bible . This kind of satanism that LaVey proposed to us is trying to create a releas from society constrictions . Religion in majore times tide us in some way with some rules wich we must obay in order to achive something here in this life or afterlife . But those rules that we take with us for generations fill us in one point with so many prejudices , untill we become some machines and our life become a mechanical one . So , let`s stop , let us remember that we are people with a lot of needs , feelings , let us enjoy this! LaVey created another kind of satanism , different from the traditional one , or from what we get from monotheistic religions , here we don`t care about Satan with horns , for us Satan it is the energy of life in the real meaning . I promise that I`ll explain every book from The Satanic Bible so we can understand fully it`s meaning . The magic side of The Satanic Bible is olso different , the magic is produced entirely by man . The first rule of modern magic is to have desire . We all have that , but some of us hide it , because of shame or any other motiv . Here we don`t hide anything , here we discover ourselves , the magic that we produce is the magic of our inner strenght. I hope you`ll understand better when I will reffer to the other books .

BlitzkriegBop

Thats wait I dont like about the idea of satanism its about the here and the now, in my faith its not just about that its about the life everlasting. the life of someone who is satanic doesnt seem very fullfilling to me, everything is now, just now, not everlasting life.
but I dont know to much about satanism to make an intelligent comment about it so...Im probably wrong but w/e

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
BlitzkriegBop said:
but I dont know to much about satanism to make an intelligent comment about it so...Im probably wrong but w/e
If you know you don't know much about it and are probably wrong, why not spend some time educating yourself about it? There are some FAQs about Satanism in the forums here, and I expect they'd be rather enlightening on what Satanists do and do not believe :)

Era

BlitzkriegBop , welcome on this forum ! Ok , you think that satanism doesn`t do that much , living just here and now. Well, there are many types of satanism and most people are not agree with modern satanism . You have the theistic one , wich is more close to what you know related to your religion . Modern satanism doesn`t stay anymore on christian grounds . This is a new religion and represents the need that people have regarding this life time . There allways been the question : " Ok , I`m living for eternity . but what about now , doesn`t this count?" Living here and now increse one`s responsability , we don`t say :" God will do this or that for me ." We must stay focused on reality , act here in this life time . What we do is to celebrate man , his power of creation . Just think about it , why isn`t christianity the world`s only religion? Because this world is made of a lot of people with diferent minds . We take man as he is , we are not ashamed of him . We don`t hide it under the protection of some god , man must face his own actions . What modern satanism do is to take man back into his natural stade : free withount religious constrictions . I do believe that Jensa is right , you should reed and after that ask your questions .

BlitzkriegBop

Era said:
BlitzkriegBop , welcome on this forum ! Ok , you think that satanism doesn`t do that much , living just here and now. Well, there are many types of satanism and most people are not agree with modern satanism . You have the theistic one , wich is more close to what you know related to your religion . Modern satanism doesn`t stay anymore on christian grounds . This is a new religion and represents the need that people have regarding this life time . There allways been the question : " Ok , I`m living for eternity . but what about now , doesn`t this count?" Living here and now increse one`s responsability , we don`t say :" God will do this or that for me ." We must stay focused on reality , act here in this life time . What we do is to celebrate man , his power of creation . Just think about it , why isn`t christianity the world`s only religion? Because this world is made of a lot of people with diferent minds . We take man as he is , we are not ashamed of him . We don`t hide it under the protection of some god , man must face his own actions . What modern satanism do is to take man back into his natural stade : free withount religious constrictions . I do believe that Jensa is right , you should reed and after that ask your questions .
I cant speak for everyonme in my faith but, I dont just let God take care of all my problems, and dont get me wrong I am very focused, And I dont think satanism doesnt do that much. (and i was told from a modern satanist and he was the one that told me that information, so I guess I should have looked to others sources aswell)

Era

The best sources that one could get about modern satanism come from the books . Is not what I tell you or that guy that matters , is what those who founded modern satanism had said .

Era

Luke Wolf I completly agree with you . Here and now is where we make our best decisions , if we wait for the other world /life we must not expect of anything .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you believe that there is nothing past life, you should live should live for the here and now because you wont get a second chance.
If you believe that you get one life, and then live in a spiritual plane for eternity, then you should live for the here and now to experience as much of life as possible.
If you believe in reincarnation, then you should live life to the fullest, because is something goes horrible wrong, such as a bungee-jumping accedint that leaves you paralysed, you can still live again and re-experience it.
I think that to keep putting stuff off, or not doing something because of the risk involved, is the worst thing to do to yourself. Why would you not want to live life, and so crazy/insane things whenever you can?

Era

The most painful thing is when people are afraid to live their lives even if they know they want to . This is what we are trying to say , let`s enjoy everything we got here .If you live a full live , being happy with yourself , then you can be a pleasant company for others too . But if you do feel misarable about yourself , thinking that everything is a sin , then you do more mistakes then in any other situation.