• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I support evil regimes with the tea I drink!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
So, how did she know she was called to be a Saint?

Sounds like a beautiful soul she had, and a beautiful inspiring story.

She was a married woman originally. Her husband had sent two mangoes with her and asked her to save them for him. But, while he was away, a holy man visited and, without anything suitable to serve him, she gave what she had; a bit of cooked rice and one of her husband's mangoes. The holy man blessed her and left.

Her husband came home, and enjoyed the one mango. He asked her for the other. She did not want to tell him she'd given his mango away, so she prayed to Shiva for a second, and it appeared in her hands. She happily gave it to her husband. However, he could tell it wasn't the same fruit! She was honest and told him what happened then. He asked her to pray and ask Shiva for another. Shiva granted the mango, but when her husband would go to touch it, it would disappear.

At that point, they realized her life would change forever, and she went off to live in devotion to Shiva, asking him to grant her the form of a emaciated old woman, as she felt her beauty would get in the way of her spiritual life(which he granted).

I think Budai and his obesity builds character , but since he wandered aimlessly, with all his possessions in a cloth sack, and he was unemployed, I assume sometimes people shouted at him "GET A JOB YOU BIG FAT ******!". :D
View attachment 62404
He must have been made fun of sometimes I would think, guaranteed, just the way the world despises what it does, and is shallow minded!

But I totally and appreciate and respect that he was an unemployed, voluntarily fat wanderer, and it makes me feel I'm not waisting time! ;)

Strangely, Ares(my son) has a special respect for fat people. He doesn't have the same social cultural standards as most, and in his mind, being fat isn't simply a physical thing, its an achievement of personality! If Ares calls you fat, it means he finds you well put together and in control of your life. Those skinny minis... well, they can't sit still and lack discipline, you see! He very much wants to be fat himself someday. (He has a lot of work to do to get there.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
She was a married woman originally. Her husband had sent two mangoes with her and asked her to save them for him. But, while he was away, a holy man visited and, without anything suitable to serve him, she gave what she had; a bit of cooked rice and one of her husband's mangoes. The holy man blessed her and left.

Her husband came home, and enjoyed the one mango. He asked her for the other. She did not want to tell him she'd given his mango away, so she prayed to Shiva for a second, and it appeared in her hands. She happily gave it to her husband. However, he could tell it wasn't the same fruit! She was honest and told him what happened then. He asked her to pray and ask Shiva for another. Shiva granted the mango, but when her husband would go to touch it, it would disappear.

At that point, they realized her life would change forever, and she went off to live in devotion to Shiva, asking him to grant her the form of a emaciated old woman, as she felt her beauty would get in the way of her spiritual life(which he granted).

Strangely, Ares(my son) has a special respect for fat people. He doesn't have the same social cultural standards as most, and in his mind, being fat isn't simply a physical thing, its an achievement of personality! If Ares calls you fat, it means he finds you well put together and in control of your life. Those skinny minis... well, they can't sit still and lack discipline, you see! He very much wants to be fat himself someday. (He has a lot of work to do to get there.)
A cat came up to me today, the same cat that came up to me involving a cat coincidence, while your avatar during the coincidence was a cat next to cake.

It is only the second time I have pet a cat since last May , so it made me think of you.

I just realized it is because Budai wants to identify in some way with the big fat cat you used to have , that your significant other at the time made fun of, and I think it means your fat cat is in heaven.
main-qimg-47539599c5142225033600b38b38e70e-lq.jpeg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
A cat came up to me today, the same cat that came up to me involving a cat coincidence, while your avatar during the coincidence was a cat next to cake.

It is only the second time I have pet a cat since last May , so it made me think of you.

I just realized it is because Budai wants to identify in some way with the big fat cat you used to have , that your significant other at the time made fun of, and I think it means your fat cat is in heaven.View attachment 62405

Of course she is. :)

She was very merry, too.

I hope your kitty friend is doing well.

Here are my cats getting fatter... the one Sam calls 'Stupid'(yes, that's his name now), has gotten huge

(Sadly, the old gentleman on the porch is no longer with us.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Of course she is. :)

She was very merry, too.

I hope your kitty friend is doing well.

Here are my cats getting fatter... the one Sam calls 'Stupid'(yes, that's his name now), has gotten huge

(Sadly, the old gentleman on the porch is no longer with us.)
My, you do have a lot of cats. You must spend a bit on kitty litter? :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Jasmine tea might be my favorite tea, especially if the package has Asian writing on it with a picture of the big fat happy Buddha, is artwork that increases my faith in the tea, and more likely to buy it! View attachment 62389
View attachment 62390
Jasmine tea without either the Asian writing or the Obese Buddha on the package, doesn't taste as good, neither is it as good for you! :p

I bought Oolang as well, but have my regrets that it comes from the Communist people's republic of China, which by purchasing it, I just supported a Dictatorship and regime that killed far more people, than any regime in history, as well as the most racist current regime I know of to dominate a superpower, that has hotels and restaurants that refuse service to black people (with government encouragement).

Always be mindful of the Dictatorships you support with the products you purchase! ;)

Anyway, Jasmine tea definitely tastes better, but Oolong sounds more cool! :cool:

Which is better? Is one better for you than the other? They both can stop you from dying prematurely from Cancer! :cool:
I don't give Communist regimes and despots the luxury of actually owning the tea.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I feel British whenever I drink Twinings.

My better half dosent need to. She's already British!

Twinings is OK, nothing spectacular though, could be any run of the mill British tea.

Mind you... Is any tea spectacular?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Are they indoor cats?

Pretty much. The gentleman on the porch wasn't ours, he just came to eat and sleep on the pillows out there.

Yodel and Troy(a grey on and the tan one) go outside to pee like dogs. Yodel just simply doesn't do well with a littler box, and never has(he's ten now), so we let him out the door if he has to use the bathroom. Troy has some bladder issues(health related) and it seems to do him well if he goes out, too. Stupid... well, he sneaks out no matter what we do. He used to hide under the dogs so when we'd let them out, he'd get released, too.

The others don't do out for any reason, though.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Pretty much. The gentleman on the porch wasn't ours, he just came to eat and sleep on the pillows out there.

Yodel and Troy(a grey on and the tan one) go outside to pee like dogs. Yodel just simply doesn't do well with a littler box, and never has(he's ten now), so we let him out the door if he has to use the bathroom. Troy has some bladder issues(health related) and it seems to do him well if he goes out, too. Stupid... well, he sneaks out no matter what we do. He used to hide under the dogs so when we'd let them out, he'd get released, too.

The others don't do out for any reason, though.
Well, interesting, I ran into that same cat, and pet it again today. That is a total of only three times that I had a cat come up to me that I could pet , since last May.

I remember the first time that cat ran up to me, it involved some coincidence having to do with Nafisa Joseph, and she starred in the film CATS, India's version of Charlie's Angels, and I nicknamed her "Chief Joseph", and her birthday was when I learned your connection to chief Joseph, and chief Joseph shrine at your house, and the first day the cat ran up, is a day you had a cat avatar.

The first time that (Siamese I think) cat ran up to me , was the day a itsy bitsy spider fell on you, and my favorite wild spiders that I used to feed in Montana were called "Cat spiders" over there, for what looks like cat ears on their bodies.

Anyway, the last time I went to point store to buy items, I purchased a bag (or as some call it , a "sack") , and the name Budai, I just read, means "cloth Sack", and he is often depicted carrying the sack he is named after.

It is an odd time for me to run into one of my new friends, and favorite religious figures now "the laughing Buddha", because I have never purchased a bag in my life that I recall.

I may have bought a back pack, but never just a simple sack, because those are free, and my act team provides me garbage bags in abundance for trash cans , or moving things, so what an odd time to buy a sack , right before running into my new spirit friend, whose name means "cloth sack", and he reminds me of your morbidly obese cat.

Your obese cat lived a very long life though. And it's interesting, the most fat cat I ever ran into was in Iowa, your hawk eye state, when I lived there, at a nursing home I volunteered at.

He was a big fat orange thing, and people commented on how fat he was. Odd that the most obese cat I ever encountered in real life, and the most fat cat I heard about online was from Iowa. :D

Or wait... correct me if you were not living there at the time.

Also, I'm not fat shaming your cat or Budai. I wouldn't like comedians Chris Farley, John Belushi, or John candy, or other fat comedians nearly as much, if they were not obese.

Also, a skinny Budai would not be as charming in my opinion
mini_happy_budais_rub_belly_grande.jpeg

Hotei_and_children_carrying_lanterns_grande.png

In Shinto he is called "guardian of children", which I find fascinating, because when my first 13 Capitol Hill Queens came to me, my eyes must have lit up, and I said excited like I was shocked: "these ladies are guardians of children!"

And I wrote that down in my cell.

I found out yesterday that in Shinto, Budai has been exalted more than in Buddhism where he came from in China.

In Japanese Shinto, Budai is worshipped as one of the 7 lucky Gods of fortune! Shinto has over 8 million Deities enshrined and venerated, so for him to be one of the seven lucky Gods of fortune , is a rare, honored, exalted status.

I'd bet anything, the vast majority of Japanese Emperors since the dynasty began in 660 BC, do not receive the same degrees of honor , status, and veneration, if any do, as one of the seven Gods of fortune, so for the Japanese to venerate a Chinese Buddhist like that is amazing, because the Japanese are notorious for not liking the Chinese country, Chinese government, and as a general rule , they resent Chinese people as well.

(A lot of Japanese, I read, don't even consider themselves Asian, and a lady I know returned from Japan, gave me a Japanese penny [my only non North-American coin I ever owned] and she said that was the attitude she saw in Japan. When they talk about "the Asians" in Japan, they are not including themselves in that statement lol. :p. So, I'm very pleased to see Budai, a Chinese Buddhist monk, is one of the seven lucky Gods of fortune, and "guardian of children", in Japan, as well as the Shinto Religion :) )

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@JustGeorge ,
Do you know how to pronounce Budai?

Is it pronounced Bood-eye (BooDI), or maybe Boo-day?

What is the most common pronunciation of his name that you have heard, if any?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, interesting, I ran into that same cat, and pet it again today. That is a total of only three times that I had a cat come up to me that I could pet , since last May.

It sounds like you have a friend. :)

I may have bought a back pack, but never just a simple sack, because those are free, and my act team provides me garbage bags in abundance for trash cans , or moving things, so what an odd time to buy a sack , right before running into my new spirit friend, whose name means "cloth sack", and he reminds me of your morbidly obese cat.

Your obese cat lived a very long life though. And it's interesting, the most fat cat I ever ran into was in Iowa, your hawk eye state, when I lived there, at a nursing home I volunteered at.

He was a big fat orange thing, and people commented on how fat he was. Odd that the most obese cat I ever encountered in real life, and the most fat cat I heard about online was from Iowa. :D
It must be boring to be a kitty in Iowa, too... nothing to do but eat!

Or wait... correct me if you were not living there at the time.

Sadly, I've never lived elsewhere. :(

Also, I'm not fat shaming your cat or Budai. I wouldn't like comedians Chris Farley, John Belushi, or John candy, or other fat comedians nearly as much, if they were not obese.

Also, a skinny Budai would not be as charming in my opinionView attachment 62419
View attachment 62420
In Shinto he is called "guardian of children", which I find fascinating, because when my first 13 Capitol Hill Queens came to me, my eyes must have lit up, and I said excited like I was shocked: "these ladies are guardians of children!"

I agree! Fat just fits some folks, and I think it fits him. :)

I found out yesterday that in Shinto, Budai has been exalted more than in Buddhism where he came from in China.

In Japanese Shinto, Budai is worshipped as one of the 7 lucky Gods of fortune! Shinto has over 8 million Deities enshrined and venerated, so for him to be one of the seven lucky Gods of fortune , is a rare, honored, exalted status.

Oh, I remember them! It has been awhile since I read of them... I first learned about them in one of my Asian mythology books. :) Wonderful!

@JustGeorge ,
Do you know how to pronounce Budai?

Is it pronounced Bood-eye (BooDI), or maybe Boo-day?

What is the most common pronunciation of his name that you have heard, if any?
I think the first one is right.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I guess it is pronounced more like Boo-die , according to this video, but his name in Japan is pronounced totally different than in China, and totally different in America, than in either of those two, so how you pronounce his name should depend on what country you are in, or who your audience is, apparently!

I appreciate you introducing me to my new friend, and as "guardian of children", he must be a fat warrior.

The only place other than North America I have been to, is Fatima Portugal, and Our Lady of Fatima is by far my favorite Marian apparition, and apparently the most important, because she told us how we could stop/prevent World war 2, and the rise and spread of Communism.

Our Lady of Fatima is also a mother Lioness of the tribe of Judah, guardian of children as well, so I'm praying Budai will be devoted to the very anti-communist Lady of Fatima, so I can call him "The Fat Fatimist warrior, (of our Lady of Fatima), guardian of children!

Some of the best warriors I know of, the most disciplined warriors, preferring death to surrender, the samurai, were Buddhist. They were Shinto usually, but most Shinto adherents are Buddhist, and no religion actually mixes with Shinto as much as Buddhism, but Christianity mixes with Shinto too, for Shintoists have celebrations and rituals , at a tomb for Jesus, in Japan.

Some people say that Jesus was actually a closet Buddhist , who was inspired by the Buddha, and there are Catholics, and famous Catholic monks and writers , like Thomas Merton, who were also Buddhist.

The Buddhist Shinto Samurai made short work of multiple Mongolian invasions, at a time where the Mongolian Empire was the largest continuous Empire in history , and their warriors , the best earth ever saw, with Genghis Khan conquering over 40% of the world, and killing over 11% of Earth's population.

They seemed to be unstoppable on the battlefield, until over a hundred thousand were annihilated in a single battle with the Samurai, and Sun Goddess Amaterasu Omikami struck the huge Mongolian Navy with a "Divine Wind" (Kamikaze)!

But the Mongolians were thought to be the most successful warriors in history, but Samurai defeated them in total major complete and thorough battles, showing that the blend of Shinto Buddhism, produces the best warriors, proven repeatedly to be the most disciplined, the most likely per Capita to embrace the worse sufferings, and prefer death to surrender (hardest to get to surrender. Even against machine gun fire, if they ran out of ammunition, they did banzai bayonet charges into machine gun fire rather than surrender.)

So, I'm sure Lord Budai, Lucky God of fortune in Shinto, would make a mighty warrior, as "guardian of children", and I hope he will help Our Lady of Fatima, be her Fat Fatimist warrior guardian of children deity! :D

Also, Budai , through other circumstances, is the only reason that I know that Mary was not just from the tribe of judah, but she was also from the tribe of Levi, and my first name matthew, is an alternative for levi, because the Apostle Matthew was named Levi as well.

I just find out about her Levite status, as well as a parent from the tribe of Judah, on today, because of Budai! :)