• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I proposed marriage to Wisdom. She turned me down :-(

Spiderman

Veteran Member
King Solomon speaks of Wisdom as a spouse of sorts and a female entity who was God's delight before the world began.

He says she cries out in the streets for fools to hear and benefit from her good counsel.

Sounds to me like she's millions of years old. I've definitely got a crush on her and interested.

I proposed marriage to wisdom and she's playing hard to get.

I definitely want her as much as I want oxygen. I want her to possess me and govern my actions with prudence, maturity, and discretion. I'm hopeless without her.

Speaking of marriage though, have you successfully completed any? My mother successfully completed four, and everyone in my family has demonstrated how miserable matrimony can be.

Have you ever had someone turn down a marriage proposal or you turned one down or broke off an engagement?

Anyway, I definitely want wisdom first and have to accept that I'm deeply wounded, broken, history of addiction and mental illness since early childhood, and lacking in maturity to be a Father, husband, or support a family.

Wisdom must come first with maturity.

But growing wiser. Sobriety time since May 11 has been helpful and extremely crucial for growth in wisdom and maturity.

Problem is, I don't have wise friends, neighbors, or healthy environment.

Ah well. I still have my wisdom teeth. Does that count. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Speaking of marriage though, have you successfully completed any? My mother successfully completed four, and everyone in my family has demonstrated how miserable matrimony can be.

Still on my first and i think it will stay that way. Marriage can be a great thing if you get the right partner and are willing to work at it.

But growing wiser. Sobriety time since May 11 has been helpful and extremely crucial for growth in wisdom and maturity.

Hey, you are doing great. Let that newfound wisdom and maturity guide you.

Life is what you make it.

Anything can help

Teritos

Wisdom is just another name for Jesus.

Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 1:24

Jeremiah Ames

King Solomon speaks of Wisdom as a spouse of sorts and a female entity who was God's delight before the world began.

He says she cries out in the streets for fools to hear and benefit from her good counsel.

Sounds to me like she's millions of years old. I've definitely got a crush on her and interested.

I proposed marriage to wisdom and she's playing hard to get.

I definitely want her as much as I want oxygen. I want her to possess me and govern my actions with prudence, maturity, and discretion. I'm hopeless without her.

Have you ever had someone turn down a marriage proposal or you turned one down or broke off an engagement?

Anyway, I definitely want wisdom first and have to accept that I'm deeply wounded, broken, history of addiction and mental illness since early childhood, and lacking in maturity to be a Father, husband, or support a family.

Wisdom must come first with maturity.

Wisdom is a spouse.

Not to you or me.

But to love.

The two must be married inside each of us, or else we cannot be useful people.