• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need some urgent help!

rinz

If there are any hindu people on this site i badly need some help. While releasing a broken murti of kali i got a serious cut on my left hand from a stone and it bleed a lot. Is this inauspicious?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Indeed it is. But 'inauspicious' does not mean it is the end of the world either. inauspicious is like a bigger wave than normal. not bad bad bad as some would have you believe.

Let's face it, stuff happens. If this were in my particular part type of Hinduism, you would not do pujas, enter the shrine room, or go to temple, until the bleeding has completely subsided. After all that, probably best to take the Kali murthi out to nature for awhile, and let the wind and rain purify it naturally.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum, Rinz. Do tell us something about yourself.

In re your murti cut, I'd call it auspicious. The profuse bleeding will have washed any infectious bacteria from the wound. Keep it clean and you'll be fine.

As for any malign influence from Kali, remember that in this world physics reigns, not magic. We must live in the world we perceive, even if we know it, intellectually, to be maya.

Aspects of divinity are our own mental constructs, to be used as aids in spiritual development, not as our masters. They have no power that we don't willingly give them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalidas

Thanks for the replies. I'll take what you all said into consideration.

Maybe it is inauspicious, that does not mean it is all bad though. Lets not forget that Kali Maa is the drinking of demon blood. Not saying you are a demon but maybe she is trying to tell you something? I do not believe in real demons I believe in demons in the sense that they are in fact the "bad" things that we do. They are our lust, greed, anger, ignorance. I also am not one to put a lot of worry in the mythical world, maybe it was just an accident? I would say clean the murti and do your best to purify it.

Also I would like to say YAY another Kali Bhakti I was beginning to think Kalicharan and I were the only ones lol. When you are ready come and meet us in the Hinusim thread, I look forward to talking with you.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
It could be possible that this is a good thing. Does Kali not have a wrathful appearance yet is totally loving to her devotees? Sometimes, apparently harsh experiences are cleansing. People used to perform blood letting to alleviate ailments. Perhaps there is a spiritual parallel to this? A sort of releasing of something?

Since this is your experience, you can find out what it means.