• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a song!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
My friend is getting married in October. She's a musician and dancer. Her reception is going to be full of musical and dance and performances. I've been asked to sing.

I have no idea WHAT to sing. I've asked if she has a meaningful song in mind and she did choose one song but I can't find it anywhere.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of stumped.

I've done several google searches for good wedding music and most of it sucks.

Last edited:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
The ultimate wedding reception song:
The Four Seasons - December 1963
Make sure you get the remix. It will get people moving a whole lot more.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Any guidelines or restrictions?

Slow and romantic, or up-tempo and happy?

A capella, or with accompaniment?

At our wedding, my wife sang the Edith Piaf song "If You Love Me" (alternate title: "Hymn to Love"/ original French title "L'Hymne a L'Amour"). It was a showstopper. :D

I've been looking for a YouTube video of it, but I can't find one that's good AND in English. Here's the French, though, sung by Edith Piaf herself (and complete with crappy colourization): [youtube]8SizbTb8aRs[/youtube]
YouTube - Edith Piaf - L'Hymne a l'Amour en couleur

You can find the English lyrics here: IF YOU LOVE ME - Lyrics - International Lyrics Playground

I like the first version best, myself. That's the version my wife sang.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
My friend is getting married in October. She's a musician and dancer. Her reception is going to be full of musical and dance and performances. I've been asked to sing.

I have no idea WHAT to sing. I've asked if she has a meaningful song in mind and she did choose one song but I can't find it anywhere.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of stumped.

I've done several google searches for good wedding music and most of it sucks.
um...
what song was suggested?
Perhaps we can help you look for it?

What are they like as a couple?

A very shy retiring wallflower type RF member wanted to suggest this but he was too demure the song starts at about 2.00 , I don't get it myself, but there is no accounting for taste

YouTube - Wonder Girls NOBODY US Debut Single HD MV

dogs_194.gif

Last edited: