• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a little lead

LuciaStar

Constant Seeker
My religion label above says Pagan with LHP leanings and I do subscribe as Pagan but I still wonder if I truly am Pagan or more LHP and I'm simply holding onto a label that I should let go of? Generally here is a rambling overview of my beliefs:

- I believe that we are responsible for our own actions. Also, if we do need help to solve a situation, we can call upon Deity. However, I think it should only be when we really need their help and can’t come up with no options on our own.

- I’m a theist but I also view Deity in a symbolic way.

- I tend to believe that wisdom, liberation and enlightenment are important.

- I most definitely believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses. I believe we are equal to the Gods.

- I believe humanity has god-like potential and humanity could become like a god if they so wished to.

- While "Good" and "Evil" are perspectives, people rejecting "Evil", "Darkness" or the Unknown makes things unbalanced and leads to things like, well, ignorance. Likewise, rejecting "Good" and "Light" is equally bad. Acceptance of both, or acceptance that both need to co-exist is important.

Would it help for me to say that I'm highly attracted to Luciferianism? It seems to correspond with my beliefs a bit more but, Paganism connects a bit, too and it had helped me grow as a human being. Nay, it's more like the polytheism that connects with me rather than Paganism itself...

Blergh. I dunno. I think I more or less expect to see opinions rather than answers themselves... but answers are good too if you can give them. :D

Ravenheart

Seeker
I am a seeker myself searching for the perfect religion for me. I agree with everything you said and these are the principles that my religion is required to promote and teach. Being a seeker i have gone through luciferianism too and in my opinion, it is a tough choice which not perfectly fits your beliefs (but still matches your type of thinking if you know what I mean). As far as the rest of the community is concerned, you will definately be pointed at as THE BAD SATANIST.

Now, as for luciferianism itself... It is a spiritual religion based on lucifer ( the bearer of light, or satan) and in my humble opinion it is just a reaction to christianity as it combines many ancient spiritual studies (witchcraft etc.) in the name of a deity created by christianity. It also has influences from the sumerian demons and myths, so why not study that instead? Why not study the ways of your ancestors?

LuciaStar

Constant Seeker
Haha, I'm probably viewed as THE BAD SATANIST to others whenever I express my views on Lucifer and other things, as well. I have a rather developed view on him due to research and thinking about what I have learned. The guy also appeared in Aradia, The Gospel of the Witches and there is a minor Roman deity that goes by the same name.

I will take what you said in consideration, though.

Ravenheart

Seeker
:) If knowledge iswhat you seek, Lucifer can help you out... I myself consider him an option as far as seeking is concerned, he is the rebel, the wise serpent which helps mankind, but merely a god

Tell me, what are your thoughts and beliefs on luciferianism? I would appreciate it if you did!
Pete

LuciaStar

Constant Seeker
My thoughts? I find it a rather interesting and find it different from Satanism. I like the sense of freedom it gives and I feel some kind of kinship with Luciferians because of some of my personal beliefs and because of how I view Lucifer himself. Them seeing the same story as I do, coming to the same conclusion that we, ourselves, are a lot or most like Lucifer is amazing. To learn I'm not the only one who views things the way I do is a nice revelation.

I also like how you can incorporate beliefs and practices into it... as long as it doesn't go against what Luciferianism stands for. (and most definitely the philosophy.)