• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I like Hindu gods

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I've read there are 3,306 deities mentioned in the Vedas.
Well Valjean, there are Gods and Goddesses other than those mentioned in the Vedas. Vedas are important but then are only a part of Hinduism, not the whole of Hinduism. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
IThere is a temple in my city and would like to go, but I hate going alone and do not want to stand out as new, different, etc. Maybe I will get up the courage.

I could drag out my first-time-in-temple-and-trepidation-about-going story but I won't. Though I'm sure those who've heard it before never get tired of hearing it. :p

Suffice to say that as a white westerner I was reassured that no one is "different", and that if there's a genuine interest in following Hinduism, then as in the words of a lady I became friendly with, "you were always Hindu". In fact, as a white westerner who's become a regular, I seem to get more attention from the priests and other devotees than the Indian Hindus get. They are flattered when someone who was not raised in the religion and culture genuinely adopts it. Go! ;)

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I could drag out my first-time-in-temple-and-trepidation-about-going story but I won't. Though I'm sure those who've heard it before never get tired of hearing it. :p

Suffice to say that as a white westerner I was reassured that no one is "different", and that if there's a genuine interest in following Hinduism, then as in the words of a lady I became friendly with, "you were always Hindu". In fact, as a white westerner who's become a regular, I seem to get more attention from the priests and other devotees than the Indian Hindus get. They are flattered when someone who was not raised in the religion and culture genuinely adopts it. Go! ;)

Thank you! I need to, because I am currently having a crisis of faith.