• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I like Atheists

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've met some atheists, and I'm having a really hard time saying that the Holy Spirit is NOT with them at all. The difference is the religious people try to grasp God (or some other deity) going out on a limb, and the atheists either don't try to or don't go out on a limb to do so.

I can't bring myself to accept Churchianity which interprets most people go to hell. I want any heaven of mine to be filled with people of various walks. The only question in my mind is whether someone like Hitler is saved. But there exists a certain point of evil or no return where I don't concern myself with such a question.

I'm hoping I get to see some of the atheists here some day in heaven, without them having to change their beliefs to something that might be just as incorrect even if it turns out God is real, in order to do so.

A few atheists will ask me "But why believe God is real when there is no proof?" I will state that the details of the Christian faith are a bit murky, but I feel that they are strengthened by the Baha'I faith, which is much more new and (I feel) correctly defines a few problematic subjects.

Nimos

I've met some atheists, and I'm having a really hard time saying that the Holy Spirit is NOT with them at all. The difference is the religious people try to grasp God (or some other deity) going out on a limb, and the atheists either don't try to or don't go out on a limb to do so.

I can't bring myself to accept Churchianity which interprets most people go to hell. I want any heaven of mine to be filled with people of various walks. The only question in my mind is whether someone like Hitler is saved. But there exists a certain point of evil or no return where I don't concern myself with such a question.

I'm hoping I get to see some of the atheists here some day in heaven, without them having to change their beliefs to something that might be just as incorrect even if it turns out God is real, in order to do so.

A few atheists will ask me "But why believe God is real when there is no proof?" I will state that the details of the Christian faith are a bit murky, but I feel that they are strengthened by the Baha'I faith, which is much more new and (I feel) correctly defines a few problematic subjects.
Most atheists don't care about God, just as anyone that doesn't believe in unicorns wouldn't care about them either :)

What most atheists in my experience (being one my self) is what a believe in these old scriptures can result in. And obviously what some of these Gods does.

Regarding meeting atheists in heaven, you might actually be lucky, if God is true.... what could be a worse punishment for an atheist to live an eternity with people constantly telling you "I told you so.." and with a God that is obviously immoral and then having to spend all time, trying to hide your thoughts from him... Clearly that must be the atheistic hell :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Besides that we are the cool kids at the lunch room nerd table.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me actions are 10,000 more important than words. There are many who claim to be believers but whose actions are the opposite. I'd much rather associate with those with strong ethical standards who act in a way consistent with those standards.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
To me actions are 10,000 more important than words. There are many who claim to be believers but whose actions are the opposite. I'd much rather associate with those with strong ethical standards who act in a way consistent with those standards.
Another view comes to mind.

Atheists/Humanists already know that one only has to act good, there is no need to "believe ... to act good"

So maybe Religions are there to teach the people who don't know this yet; hence Atheists/Humanists need no Religion

Last edited: