• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have to be honest, Islam freaks me out

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Fear leads to hate which leads to the dark side. Doesn't anyone else watch Star Wars? Haha. Seriously, though, it does us no good only fixating on negative qualities. The task is to transform negatives into positives, darkness into light, etc. Focus upon the good within people and encourage it. I don't seek to convert others to my way of thinking. I only wish to inspire that which is already good within them.

You have a positive thinking.

Thanks

Donowitz

I think anyone who's not "freaked out" by suicide bombings, throat slittings, acid throwing, and the like would have to be emotionally defective. End of story.

If you are not disturbed by those things you have no heart.

Donowitz

What is wrong with a nice community outing like good old fashioned stonings, beheadings, hand cutting off-ings, or lynching? Seriously.

I'm so tired of moral relativists saying we need to "understand" islam.

Everything I needed to know about islam I learned on 9/11. And on 7 July 2005.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

You mean everything that you were willing to consider. Not the same thing.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

What you need to understand is your painting with a broad brush. 2 Billion Muslims and you focus on less than 1% of them.

How would you like to be judged because of something Charles Manson does?

Your judging people the same way because of Bin Laden.

People like you have always hated anyone different than yourelf. 911 just gave you an excuse.

apophenia

What you need to understand is your painting with a broad brush. 2 Billion Muslims and you focus on less than 1% of them.

How would you like to be judged because of something Charles Manson does?

Your judging people the same way because of Bin Laden.

People like you have always hated anyone different than yourelf. 911 just gave you an excuse.

I just did the numbers.

1% of 2 billion is 20 million.

So if only 0.1% of muslims support violent jihad, that is still 2 million. That is roughly the size of the army of the People's Republic of China - counting only 1 in 10,000 muslims.

In some parts of the world ( Pakistan and Afghanistan for example) the percentage is clearly way higher than 1%. Astronomically higher than 0.1%.

What percentage of the US population was Charles Manson ?

And for a one-on-one comparison, what is the total number of deaths caused by Charles Manson compared to Bin Laden, as a percentage ?

And how many Americans idolise Manson, compared to the number of muslims who idolise Bin Laden ?

Warm fuzzy feelings of goodwill are not an adequate answer to those questions.Those feelings mean nothing to someone educated in a militant madrassa. To them, you are an enemy of god unless you submit to Islam. And in many places, they are by no means a tiny minority.

Even immediately after 911, I was sympathetic to muslims. I had been a student of a sufi sheikh (in the early 90s) - and BTW, it was him from whom I first heard the term Wahabi. I was an innocent in many respects.

Since then, I have been actively educating myself. I followed and engaged in many debates on internet forums, and was a supporter of 'moderate' muslims. But in the end, it is clear that the very real threat, the primitive violent tendencies embedded in muslim culture, is intractable. For the record, I would say the same thing about the neo-cons in America. I note that the American people rejected the neo-cons, quite rightly, as dangerous fanatics who would lead America to destruction.

I don't have warm fuzzy feelings for Cheney, Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld either. I don't think they should be embraced as 'misunderstood'. They were a distinctly evil triumverate whose loyalty was to Halliburton and similar, not to the American people. Even less to the 'people of the world'.

Pretending everything will be fine if we just feel 'nice' is a mug's game.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

If you really believe that, what makes you so much better than the hijackers of September 11, who thought all Americans were alike?