• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a question for everyone

elina

Hi everyone!
My name's Elina and i'm from Belgium. I'm a non-active roman catholic.
I have a favour to ask from all of you.
I'm working on a project for school. i'm trying to gather as many opinions on religion as possible, and i was hoping that you guys would want to help me by sending me your views on life and religion. (my e-mail is [email protected]) anything you have to say will do. if you send me something, please add your country and your religion, and if you want to also your name and age. thanks in advance!
greets and kisses
Elina

Ody

Welcome to RF i'll help as best as i can, but why post this on the jainism forum?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I would be happy to help but do you have specific questions that you want answered? I would prefer to post answers on here. Could you please give a bit more detail on what you need for your report?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Wish you had a few questions to begin with. However, here is my view of the problem:

I am an atheist hindu, a strict advaitist and a Brahmavadi. There is no death for me, no atma, no rebirth, only recycling, so no heaven or hell. Karma to me is responsibilty to my society in particular and to nature in general, karma does not transfer to anything, not even something as hazily explained as Buddhist karma. Percieved is illusion. Nirvana, nibbana, moksha, deliverance, salvation, realization is understanding the world in this way.

The only problem in my theory is the nature of Brahman, the first statement in Badarayana's Brahma Sutra - 'Athato Brahma Jignasa' (This, then, the enquiry into Brahman). Is it one great quantum field constituting the whole universe, or how many forces act in the universe, or there are nine or twenty-seven strings, how many dimensions are there at the atomic level (I do understand about four in our level of the world), are there multiple universes, what existed before the big-bang and where is it going to lead the universe? The answers to these questions are not available now, rather than jump to a conclusion, I wait. Perhaps the answers would be avaialble in my life-time, or perhaps not. So what (Tatah kim?)? This is the best that can be guessed at the moment.