• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a quesiton...

theMINI

I'm a Christian and I noticed that as a Christian I have a lot of freedom and free will in terms of what I want to do/what I should do to be a good Christian. Muslims and Jews for example have things they HAVE to do to be considered "good" muslims/jews. example: the ramadhan, ect, ect. It looks like they have a structure or a set of rules that they follow and I was wondering if there was the same thing for Christians.

Sorry its hard to explain I hope someone understands.

theMINI said:
I'm a Christian and I noticed that as a Christian I have a lot of freedom and free will in terms of what I want to do/what I should do to be a good Christian. Muslims and Jews for example have things they HAVE to do to be considered "good" muslims/jews. example: the ramadhan, ect, ect. It looks like they have a structure or a set of rules that they follow and I was wondering if there was the same thing for Christians.

Hi,
I think I understand what you're trying to say! Let's see!
Do Christians have a set of "rules" to follow?
My answer is yes, Oh yes, indeed!
First of all, our "rules" as you put it are more of a "way of life" to me. And you find the answers to your questions throughout the New Testament as a Christian. There's no way to condense the answer to your question. But to me, the way of life as a Christian is summed up in the Greatest Commandment and in the Great Commission.
The Great Commandment:
Matthew 22:37-40
36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38This is the first and great commandment.
39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Great Commission is:
Matthew 28:18-22
18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Random

theMINI said:

It doesn't have to be any more complicated than "Love thy neighbour as thyself", the most important and for some the only commandment to heed. If you do this, as a believer in Christ, you are fulfilling your commitments fully.