• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I had a rotten dream this morning.

Jonathan Bailey

There was a guy in my house who was terrorizing me. I tried to get into another room where my shotgun was kept, but he blocked me. I threw something at him and that incapacitated him just long enough for me to get through my bedroom door and lock it behind me. I grabbed my police pump and tried to chamber a round but it jammed! It wouldn't pick up a round from the tube magazine. I had to pull a shell out by hand and chamber the gun by hand. The bolt wouldn't close. Details of this dream are now vague as to what happened next. There came a point later on where I was outside the front door. The man came outside and drew a handgun. I was hiding behind the corner of some wall for cover. I managed to get my shotgun closed with a round chamber and shoot the man as he started to fire his handgun. He was knocked down. He was still talking. He demanded that I put him out of his misery. But I started to call 911 on my smartphone instead. Memory of what happened next is vague. Sometime later, he was up on his feet again and after me again and the next thing I knew I woke up. It was one of those classic Hollywood nightmares where you are saved at the last minute by waking out of it.

It's true that in the past I have had abusive roommates: some verbal and others violent. Some of these people were crazy and other were alcoholics. I've had bad dreams before where the gun failed me when there was trouble.

PS - My heart was palpitating upon waking up