• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I found my Naga!

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
My ball python Naga apparently found out that one of the clip-in plastic vents on her cage had a broken clip-piece, oh, almost 3 months ago. She pushed the vent out with her nose and escaped through the hole. She is pretty big, about 4 feet long, so I figured I'd stumble across her in the middle of the night before long. Well, when all that time passed and I didn't see any sign of her I stopped looking and assumed something had happened to her.:sad4:I was pretty sad. I have raised her from a baby and I've had her almost 4-5 years.

Today I was going out the back door and almost tripped over her! I am sooo happy!!!:bounce She was real thirsty. She drank water for a good few minutes straight. Thank goodness she ate before she hi-tailed it, so she wasn't starved but I'm sure she's hungry. It's usually humid in florida but the last few months it has been cold, so there was NO humidity in the house. Her shed was all messed up so she got a luke-warm bath soakin, and then she has been around my neck ever since.

It amazes me how docile her temperment is. I have never held a more laid back animal. The cool thing is that every time I put her around my neck she rubs her nose up and down my cheek first, before exploring and hiding in my hair. When I gave her the bath I was kinda weary, because she hadn't eaten in so long... I was having to kinda rub her down in the water to help her shed and a few times she would turn her nose kinda quick towards my hand while it was moving. I was thinking she was so gonna bite my butt, but then she just plopped her head down on top of my hand.

She is even timid about eating her daggum food! I have always fed her by hand and she has never once came anywhere close to missing. She won't strike until she is within a few millimeters of the rat. She has never so much as huffed or hissed at me either. But of course... I spoil her...

Thats her when she was teeny tiny!

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I have to get good pics of all my babies, and then make a thread dedicated to pets:D. My pets are like my children. i don't know how things are going to turn out with my bf, but we are "seperated" at minimum. When I left tonight I took my three baby kitties with me. They are grown, but they are still babies. So now I have four cats, Nala, Fuku, Stormy and Ashy. Three snakes, Naga, Snowy, and King Tut. A ferret "Nibbler," and a Bearded Dragon "Tiny Tim." All three cats were homeless when we found them and one was feral. Snowy was a rescue given to me by one of the girls I used to belly dance with, and Tiny Tim was also a rescue. Snowy has no eyes and Tiny Tim is missing a foot.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bless you for rescuing those poor animals.

Whereismynotecard -- How on Earth does a snake remind you of a dsachshund?!

Ringer

Jar of Clay
I found Nagas last night too!! Actually, I was killing them.....in World of Warcraft.....for a quest.....in Desolace.

Anyway, glad you found Naga.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Fabulous!! Give Naga a kiss for me. :hug:

I'm like Gentoo........I'm perfectly envious that you can care for a snake. :yes:

Peace,
Mystic

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Three snakes, Naga, Snowy, and King Tut.
I think snakes are pretty cool, actually. I'm wondering if you raised them all from infancy, and I'm also wondering if any of them have ever bitten you?
Do you have to feed them live food? That's what would be hard for me.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I think snakes are pretty cool, actually. I'm wondering if you raised them all from infancy, and I'm also wondering if any of them have ever bitten you?
Do you have to feed them live food? That's what would be hard for me.

I raised them all from being pretty small. Not when they were forst hatched though. Well, my friend who rescued Snowy grabbed him right off the bat, when she noticed he had a defect. And the only one who has ever bit me was King Tut the California Kingsnake. He thinks he's a King Cobra or something.

And yeah, the live food freaked me out too. You can buy frozen mice/ rats, and thaw them out and feed them that way. It is not as disturbing, both for the rodent and the snake. The rats are killed with CO2 before they are frozen, and it is better for the snakes to be fed that way.

despi

I'm happy that you have found Naga! :) We have lots of animals in our household...but no snakes. I would have a hard time feeding snakes or anything else live food...frozen sounds much easier....I think! :confused: I really enjoyed hearing how she interacts with you. I had no idea that snakes "bonded" with their care givers.