• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I forgot to pray to Ganesha!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
:eek: I didn't do a puja today, just an offering of a flower, akshata, incense and flame. Because I didn't follow my regular format I forgot to pray to Ganesha first. I feel terrible. I offered him a flower and apologized. :cry:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
"Shuklam Bharatanam Vishnum .... " He's chuckling at you. He's the chuckler. I had a funny 'Who's the Boss?' session this AM with Nataraja during puja. I decorated Him with small marigolds, using a glove, but they kept falling off. At first I kept putting them back. But after about the 12th time of a flower falling off, I just said, "Fine. Have it Your way. Let the flowers fall as they may." Boss wondered where I got the marigolds, on her way past before coffee. Since her room and His room are side by side, she sneaks a peak to see how He's decorated every day. (The marigolds came from the excess in the beds at koyil.)

Yeah, I think The Onetusker will forgive you. After all, He must also chuckle that we open a puja to Him with a chant to Him. "Ganesha, can i do a puja for you?" The irony.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That’s the prayer I use before Krishna puja, aarati, going out the door, etc. and before playing guitar. I also chant saraswati namastubyam varade kamarūpini … But I’m going off trail now. I’m sure He understands. I’ve been a bit stressed and absent minded lately, which is why I didn’t think doing a full on puja was a good idea. Who knows how many statues I’d hit with puja vessels, lamps and such.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
:eek: I didn't do a puja today, just an offering of a flower, akshata, incense and flame. Because I didn't follow my regular format I forgot to pray to Ganesha first. I feel terrible. I offered him a flower and apologized. :cry:
Done and dusted. Why should you feel terrible? That is the problem with the unenlightened. :D

Shuklambar dharam: wearing a white upper body cloth (Urdhva vastram)
Krishna wears a yellow vastra.

Rukmini Keli Samyuktam Pitambara Sushobhitam l
Avapta Tulasi Gandham Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum ll

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That site is very handy. I’ve gotten puja info, Krishna ashtottaram, and lots of other stuff. Greenmesg is another good site.