• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I dont use 'Yahweh', why do people insist its the "same thing" as my words for Deity?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Do you/they even understand why Yahweh is used?
Personally found they don't; my understanding based on textual usage is:

Yah H3050 = Lord
Havah H1933 H1934 = To Be, To Become, To Make Manifest, etc

Thus Lord To Be, is a concept...

The first title was EL which simply meant God, and then it became the Lord To Be; then Yehoshua meant the Lord that Saves.

Almost every religious name for deities, has additional meaning behind its metaphoric terminology.
Why the insistence that I subscribe to your use of labels?
Unfortunately we've got to use specific labels to identify certain attributes, else we wouldn't have any reason for using language if there was no meaning being placed behind it. :innocent:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Unfortunately we've got to use specific labels to identify certain attributes, else we wouldn't have any reason for using language if there was no meaning being placed behind it. :innocent:

Are you saying that when I write, 'YHWH', I am not identifying the attributes inferred in Scripture?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Are you saying that when I write, 'YHWH', I am not identifying the attributes inferred in Scripture?
YHVH is the same, as what described above...

It is just the definition that people have got wrong, Jews seem to think Yah is just a shortened version of the name, even though we can show references of it being used as Lord. :innocent: