• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I cried at Cathy Rosen's funeral when I heard this.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

I want it to be played at my funeral. I loved Cathy Rosen. She just wasn't the one who was the one who it would work out to marry before I met Sara.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I want it to be played at my funeral. I loved Cathy Rosen. She just wasn't the one who was the one who it would work out to marry before I met Sara.
I am assuming that this video is about God? You already know how I feel about that.

How could I love God?
Love is not something I can relate to, probably because I was never loved as a child.
I care about a lot of people, like you and Lewis, but I cannot say I love them.
I think that God will forgive me for my inability to love.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I am assuming that this video is about God? You already know how I feel about that.

How could I love God?
Love is not something I can relate to, probably because I was never loved as a child.
I care about a lot of people, like you and Lewis, but I cannot say I love them.
I think that God will forgive me for my inability to love.
Yes, it is a really pretty intense Hidden Word about what a true lover feels. By the standard of this Hidden Word, I'm not a true lover either:

4. O SON OF JUSTICE!
Whither can a lover go but to the land of his beloved? and what seeker findeth rest away from his heart's desire? To the true lover reunion is life, and separation is death. His breast is void of patience and his heart hath no peace. A myriad lives he would forsake to hasten to the abode of his beloved.
(Baha'u'llah, The Persian Hidden Words)

This is the highest level of the love of God. There are different levels. Here's a different level:

48. O SON OF MAN!
For everything there is a sign. The sign of love is fortitude under My decree and patience under My trials.
(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)

As to not loving people, caring about people is love in the best way. What many people call love is wanting to possess that person for themselves, being attracted to them in a romantic way.