• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I created a logic puzzle while eating a prawn baguette.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Another possibility:

Send the response unit in and get the sniper to shoot the gun just before he gets the chance to use it.

Or:

Get the sniper to shoot at the villain's gun without destroying it, and then let the response unit storm in.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
If the condition on the gun is such that it will not be used on the hostage, then shoot the trigger; entry team waits for second sniper shot to kill hostage taker. QED?

MTF

Draka

Wonder Woman
I still want to know why another sniper couldn't be sent up? Or at least take one of the rescue squad outside the door and have them move to a place where they can get off a shot at what the sniper isn't going to shoot at and have them time their shots to take place at exactly the same time? *poof* Both gun and trigger out at same time. Problem solved. That still hasn't been addressed.

Daemon Sophic

Yeah I thought of that but this stopped me:

"Break in" is pretty general. Currently, if the sniper does nothing there are no conditions under which the villain can do anything (providing the conditionals are iffs not ifs), with the exception of the above: the unit breaking in. Breaking in to rescue the hostage is still breaking in. Again, clarity would help.
That's what I was pointing out. We've already established that, without the aid of the sniper, the team is ready and capable of rescuing the hostage.
Furthermore, quoting the rules, if the gun is destroyed, then "the villain will release his grip on the trigger before they can apprehend him". BUT. if the hostage has already been removed from harm's way, then releasing the trigger will do diddly-squat.

Consider also that the villain could just shoot the hostage, if he were in line of site of the hostage. Therefore, keep two things in mind....1 -- the "break in" line you quoted was the general discussion of the situation, NOT part of the logic rules, and 2 -- "break in" to what? The warehouse? or the room of the warehouse that the villain is holed up in?
It was never stated that the warehouse is comprised of a single room, or even a single floor. Heck! Technically, the sniper is watching "the scene" which could include the hostage's warehouse, along with several other buildings. :shrug:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Okay, then how about this one.

It's 10PM and a guy is balanced on a very precarious 45 foot high perch 4 feet long and 4 feet wide. He also has a watermelon, a 5 foot roll of duct tape, four nails, and a 2-foot piece of 2X4.
If he jumps off he will die.
If anyone tries to rescue him he will fall off and die.
If no one tries to rescue him by the end of the day he will fall off and die.
Problem: How do you keep him from dying by the end of the day?

Delay him for two and a half hours :D

Compact a handheld grenade with a substance that can either freeze or dry up the water, appl sleeping agent. Problem solved the hostage got a nap and a minor chemical burn:shout

Re-read my post and felt obliged to re-write.

1. Package and apply drying agent - liberally.
2. Package and apply sleeping agent - liberally.

Suspect apprehended and the hostage escapes with a nap and a rash.