• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am the YUKON man and I am CHRISTIAN

Yukon

T-Weed,

I didnt make the rules. If you want eternal life you must obey the rules laid down by our Lord. It's that simple.

Rules? What rules did Jesus advocate were necessary for salvation?

Let's go directly to the source...
Matthew 19:16-22
16 Then someone came to him and said, ‘Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?’ 17And he said to him, ‘Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’ 18He said to him, ‘Which ones?’ And Jesus said, ‘You shall not murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19Honour your father and mother; also, You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ 20The young man said to him, ‘I have kept all these; what do I still lack?’ 21Jesus said to him, ‘If you wish to be perfect, go, sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.’ 22When the young man heard this word, he went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

So, according to Jesus, in order to attain salvation, one must...

1. Refrain from murder.
  2. Refrain from adultery. (Sexual infidelity to one's spouse.)
  3. Do not steal.
  4. Don't lie about others.
  5. Honor your parents.
  6. Love your fellow human beings.
  7. Give up all your possessions and give the proceeds to the poor.
I am going to assume Rule #1 is no problem for you, how are Rules #3-6 going?

Forum Rules said:
8. Proselytizing
The forums were set up for the purpose of sharing and understanding other religions and faiths, by discussion and debate. It is not to be used for converting others to your own faith.

You agreed to these forum rules when you joined the site. Not abiding by the rules is quite frowned upon.

I am sorry you haven't received a warm welcome but you can't expect that if you don't obey the rules of the forum. Doesn't the Bible say something about obeying the laws of the land? You are welcome to stay and share your faith in the proper forums, but posting them everywhere is not welcome and will not get you the reception that you're looking for.

Yukon

I am not trying to convert anyone. A question was asked of me and I answered. How does that equate to trying to convert someone?

I hold true that all other relgions are BOGUS. Jesus told us that the only way to Heaven was to believe in Him - "he who believeth in me shall have life everlasting".

I make this claim to non-Christains, I offer them life eternal, and I am verbally attacked.

This. ^

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
T-Weed,

I didnt make the rules. If you want eternal life you must obey the rules laid down by our Lord. It's that simple.
That does sound simple, but why should anyone believe it?
I could say if you want enlightenment you must chant hare Krishna for an hour each day. Do you believe that? No? Why not?

That's exactly why I'm skeptical of your claims about "our Lord."

You are correct my son. Some 32% of the global population claims to follow the Christian belief and this rate is dropping steadily and will soon be surpassed (10 to 15 years by Islam)- however there are very few true Christians, I am personnally trying to be one of them.

The Christian faith offers us life everlasting and I do believe this to be true. However to obtain this one must adhere to the teachings of our Lord Jesus totally. This saddens me because none of us will make it.
You're kidding, right? The Christian faith is rapidly growing in Asia, Africa, and South America. If anything, the Christian religion is growing at an amazing rate.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
You're kidding, right? The Christian faith is rapidly growing in Asia, Africa, and South America. If anything, the Christian religion is growing at an amazing rate.

There is a certain breed of fundy christian who feel the need to constantly whine about how they are being "persecuted", never mind the fact that they have been in control of around half the globe for several centuries, and have attempted to persecute any other belief system, and/or culture into extinction!

Twig pentagram

High Priest
There is a certain breed of fundy christian who feel the need to constantly whine about how they are being "persecuted", never mind the fact that they have been in control of around half the globe for several centuries, and have attempted to persecute any other belief system, and/or culture into extinction!
Right. What is up with that?

elmarna

We all support our beliefs. You are just trying to inspire & encourage so they can see.
While beliefs are full of a lot of things it is at best safe to say that if you are handing someone damnation because they do not agree with your judgements they will speak onto you with a frown.
encourage & inspire & drop "I am the only way" send them a smile.
Let them consider what you are saying & do not be offended if they agree or disagree.
Perhaps agree to disagree.
You may find a easier time connecting & relateing so you voice & values are heard!

Right? Christians are far from the persecution that they whine about. And we're far from being "surpassed". It's so annoying when other Christians act all judgmental and condemn others and act as if they're some sort of persecuted minority.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Right? Christians are far from the persecution that they whine about. And we're far from being "surpassed". It's so annoying when other Christians act all judgmental and condemn others and act as if they're some sort of persecuted minority.
I find that most Christian cries of persecution seem to be based on the lack of public policy conforming to Christian dogma.