• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am JBG, a Jewish poster from New York

jbg

I am JBG, a Jewish poster from New York. I am a reasonably observant Reform Jew. Maybe that is an oxymoron. About 3 out of 4 weeks I attend either Kabbalat Friday night services or Torah Study on Saturday morning, usually not both.

I am 65, was Bar Mitzvahed in 1970, and returned to interest in Judaism in January 1973. The Rabbi's explication of death rituals, after my Dad's passing, taught me more than I learned in the last two out of my three years of religious and Hebrew education.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am JBG, a Jewish poster from New York. I am a reasonably observant Reform Jew. Maybe that is an oxymoron. About 3 out of 4 weeks I attend either Kabbalat Friday night services or Torah Study on Saturday morning, usually not both.

I am 65, was Bar Mitzvahed in 1970, and returned to interest in Judaism in January 1973. The Rabbi's explication of death rituals, after my Dad's passing, taught me more than I learned in the last two out of my three years of religious and Hebrew education.

Hi welcome to RF, please sit back and enjoy a cake or two while waiting for @Revoltingest who holds the keys to the staff restaurant.

une-partie-de-la-vitrine.jpg

I hope you enjoy your time hear

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Hi, and welcome to RF. I guess you are from NYC? I used to live in Rochester, NY, and my two best friends in high school were Jewish, but we never talked about religion. I have learned what I know about Judaism from this forum and other religious forums over the last 10 years, but I only know enough to be dangerous. ;)