• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am an atheist who cannot believe. Will I go to hell?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I am a kind and respectful person, but I only live for my own good feelings. I have no interest in helping others. So, is that a good enough heart that would earn my way into heaven or not?
No. Selfishness is against the teachings of Christ. Christians are supposed to be the opposite of that. Heaven, in my understanding, is not some paradisaical amusement park sort of place. It is the summit of unity with God and all other citizens of Heaven. It is where we encounter the Beatific Vision, seeing God directly and not through a mirror, darkly, as we do now (at best) (1 Corinthians 13:12). To reach such a state, you must first respond to God's love with open arms and then reflect that selfless love unto all others and all of His creation.

Why do you care what a religion you don't believe in says, anyway?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This non existent place you talk about, hell, is the fabrication of the fraudulent minds of medieval monks and modern day bible thumpers and has no biblical, historical or scientific basis whatsoever. The chance of your ending up in this mythological place of demons and sulphur and fire is about the same as your chance of being struck in the head by a piece of green cheese falling from the moon. And that is a fact. Now if you aren't interested in facts but are willing to accept the above delusions, then you are in fact creating your own hell on earth, something many people choose to do of course.
Conspiratorial, insulting garbage.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You will not go to Hell if you didn't consciously know you were rejecting the truth. Jesus forgave those who were crucifying him by saying from the cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". Jesus also said the blind were not guilty of sin.

God knows that you were unable to believe. After your heart stops beating and before you are judged you will be fully enlightened to know the truth. You will have open eyes and given the oppurtunity to repent if you want to spend eternity with God.
^This, basically. But I'd still work on that selfish, hedonistic mindset that doesn't care about others.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
*whew*.... that's a relief!

You had me going there for a second-- I am so glad I will get the opportunity to absolutely REFUSE to have anything to do with a god who permits cancer in infants.... such a being is unworthy of anything but utter and complete contempt.

"God works in mysterious, ineffective and breathtakingly cruel ways" ~ anon.
With the knowledge you have, I find your blasphemy to be noble. So does God. He sees that with the knowledge you have, it is noble to despise such a seemingly cruel God.

He understands.

Bob the Unbeliever

No. Selfishness is against the teachings of Christ.

Indeed.

What astonishes me, however, are christians who also claim to support donald trump... ! A more selfish example of humanity I have never witnessed, in all my 50++ years of existence on this old earth, as d. trump.

Oh sure, I've read of historical figures who displayed more overt evil, than d. trump-- but none quite as selfish as he.

I am literally mystified, how anyone who purports to be a follower of Jesus' ideas and teachings, but who also thinks that trump is suitable as a president; did not Jesus command his followers to go out into the world, and minister to the sick, feed the hungry, clothe the needy, help the homeless? At least that is what I remember most strongly-- funny thing, Jesus never qualifies these with, "So long as they are of the correct hue" or "so long as they are not lazy" or "so long as they never make bad life-choices (like drugs)" or anything else...

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Indeed.

What astonishes me, however, are christians who also claim to support donald trump... ! A more selfish example of humanity I have never witnessed, in all my 50++ years of existence on this old earth, as d. trump.

Oh sure, I've read of historical figures who displayed more overt evil, than d. trump-- but none quite as selfish as he.

I am literally mystified, how anyone who purports to be a follower of Jesus' ideas and teachings, but who also thinks that trump is suitable as a president; did not Jesus command his followers to go out into the world, and minister to the sick, feed the hungry, clothe the needy, help the homeless? At least that is what I remember most strongly-- funny thing, Jesus never qualifies these with, "So long as they are of the correct hue" or "so long as they are not lazy" or "so long as they never make bad life-choices (like drugs)" or anything else...
I'm as baffled as you are. Serious cognitive dissonance going on there.

capumetu

Everybody who dies goes to hell. A better thought is, if you want to be an atheist then don't contemplate religious matters, such as hell.

If you want to come to know Jehovah however, then everlasting life may become available to you rather than everlasting death.

capumetu @yours.com no space after u

RESOLUTION

I hear many people say that you go to hell if you don't believe in Christianity. That includes other religions out there who would make the same claim. I cannot make myself believe no matter what and I have researched all I could into everything I could possibly read into, and I just have to remain undecided. My undecided mindset is the result of a truly honest open mind and open heart. Will I go to hell since I could not believe? Furthermore, do I need to dedicate and serve my life to a God who I don't even believe in the first place in order to be saved from hell?

Please take note that I have tried everything I possibly could and I still cannot believe. There are many other people out there who have tried as well with a truly open mind and heart (for many years, btw) and they cannot believe either. As for those who did believe who claimed they finally realized the truth, I have no way of knowing if they did not keep an open mind like me and that it was their close mindedness that lead them to believe or not.

As for me, there is no way to convince me and I am officially done trying to seek out the Lord. I have no further interest and I am not going to waste my life for what might be years and years over something that might not even be true in the first place. So, why am I here then if nothing can convince me? It is because I am simply wondering if I would go to hell anyway (providing Christianity or other religions are real) over a disbelief that I was genuine and honest about.

I am a kind and respectful person, but I only live for my own good feelings. I have no interest in helping others. So, is that a good enough heart that would earn my way into heaven or not?

I want you to read through your own post and tell me what you think of it in a third person posting and not yourself.
When you come to Christ there is only room for one person on that throne of your life. It isn't you it is God.
Till you are willing to surrender your whole self to God how can you come to know him?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I hear many people say that you go to hell if you don't believe in Christianity. That includes other religions out there who would make the same claim. I cannot make myself believe no matter what and I have researched all I could into everything I could possibly read into, and I just have to remain undecided. My undecided mindset is the result of a truly honest open mind and open heart. Will I go to hell since I could not believe? Furthermore, do I need to dedicate and serve my life to a God who I don't even believe in the first place in order to be saved from hell?

Please take note that I have tried everything I possibly could and I still cannot believe. There are many other people out there who have tried as well with a truly open mind and heart (for many years, btw) and they cannot believe either. As for those who did believe who claimed they finally realized the truth, I have no way of knowing if they did not keep an open mind like me and that it was their close mindedness that lead them to believe or not.

As for me, there is no way to convince me and I am officially done trying to seek out the Lord. I have no further interest and I am not going to waste my life for what might be years and years over something that might not even be true in the first place. So, why am I here then if nothing can convince me? It is because I am simply wondering if I would go to hell anyway (providing Christianity or other religions are real) over a disbelief that I was genuine and honest about.

One can only wonder why he really posted this.

Rant? Never really "sought out the Lord"? Can he really be "kind and respectful" when he only lives "for his own good feelings" and "has no interest in helping others"?

He hasn't added one post since he started the OP.

May he really "has no interest" in this post? :D

Kenny

Premium Member
Still an atheist. Atheism is simply someone without faith in gods. That's it.

There are false claims that atheists have faith that there are no gods, but that is known as a strawman fallacy.
That seems to be so circular.

Encyclopedia Britannica:
Atheism, in general, the critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or spiritual beings. ....

Encyclopedia say it is a denial in beliefs in God (not someone without faith in gods).

You say that atheists simply are without faith in gods.

Then atheists pound theists saying there no validation that there is such a thing as gods.

The analogy of "I believe in unicorns" is just as valid to say that there is NO god.

Encyclopedia confirms that there is a denial of a belief in God

But atheists simply say they are without faith in gods.

And round and round it goes.

Has absolutely nothing to do with strawman fallacy as you suggest. Unless you want to circularly insist that it is.

MattMVS7 said:

No. Selfishness is against the teachings of Christ. Christians are supposed to be the opposite of that. Heaven, in my understanding, is not some paradisaical amusement park sort of place. It is the summit of unity with God and all other citizens of Heaven. It is where we encounter the Beatific Vision, seeing God directly and not through a mirror, darkly, as we do now (at best) (1 Corinthians 13:12). To reach such a state, you must first respond to God's love with open arms and then reflect that selfless love unto all others and all of His creation.

Why do you care what a religion you don't believe in says, anyway?

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Let's recap your quote above.....

"No. Selfishness is against the teachings of Christ."
- you probably don't even adhere to many teachings...namely these....
Gospel of Thomas - Patterson & Robinson Translation -- Nag Hammadi Library

...and then.....after you stated this.....you quote "Paul" and 1 Corinthians 13:12? Huh? You are confusing what "Paul" had said with what Jesus taught. Two different people - two different "gospels".

Why do you try and quote a text within a religion that has nothing to do with what you initially claim?

I would even go to say that you don't even know the answers to these questions, but will come up with some sort of deflection away from them, just so you can remain dishonest with other people and the forum.

Where does "God" specifically states whom is inspired and whom is not?

Where does "God" specifically states which texts are more holier than others?

Where does "God" specifically states which texts are scripture and which are not?

Your post is not honest nor is it completely truthful.

You should be ashamed of yourself with misleading others about Jesus.

"Move past the words and understand their meanings." - New Age

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
MattMVS7 said:

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Let's recap your quote above.....

"No. Selfishness is against the teachings of Christ."
- you probably don't even adhere to many teachings...namely these....
Gospel of Thomas - Patterson & Robinson Translation -- Nag Hammadi Library

...and then.....after you stated this.....you quote "Paul" and 1 Corinthians 13:12? Huh? You are confusing what "Paul" had said with what Jesus taught. Two different people - two different "gospels".

Why do you try and quote a text within a religion that has nothing to do with what you initially claim?

I would even go to say that you don't even know the answers to these questions, but will come up with some sort of deflection away from them, just so you can remain dishonest with other people and the forum.

Where does "God" specifically states which texts are scripture and which are not?

Your post is not honest nor is it completely truthful.

You should be ashamed of yourself with misleading others about Jesus.

"Move past the words and understand their meanings." - New Age
I don't understand the point of your insulting rambling.

That is because you think men can dictate what you are to believe.

I don't like how you practice a religion that only encompasses less than half of what Jesus taught, all because men told you to.

Maybe you should rethink your position, as it pertains to Christianity.

Trying to promote a false dogma of the "Trinity" is not helping people become honest and truthful.

You, in fact, are going about it the wrong way with lying about this concept.

*sighs*

Get over yourself.

....but then again....you couldn't even take the time to answer any of my questions about the "Trinity".

Now who really is trying to pull the wool over other people's eyes?

You are.

Did you even attempt to answer the questions I posed? Did you begin to read them and realize you failed and the answers you would provide, would reveal the falseness of your thinking?

It would.

That is why you chose to insult me, instead of addressing the facts about your belief system.

I'm onto you.....and people like you. I will not tolerate anymore lying about Jesus in this world....and especially not by so-called "Christians" or other folks who just plain disregard what he taught.

Yes "Frankie" - I'll know if you are honest with me or not.....trust me.....I will.

I'm not your "every day run of the mill objector to religion"......I'm much more than that......one that is willing to help those folks who want to lie about Jesus, to become more honest and truthful about Jesus.

Are you ready for the challenge? I am, because I know I will win.....and if you actually do believe in what Jesus taught.....you will too.

Self.

FOLLOW-UP......and correction....

my three questions will determine which texts are valid for the bible and which are not. Thus, will determine a working point to determine that the "Trinity" is just another man-made feature people love to grasp onto and feel the comfort of it and utilizing it within their lives.

Self comfort is indeed being selfish.

You failed to realize this.

Maybe you should study a bit more on the term...."Selflessness" instead.

Kenny

Premium Member
My sentiments EXACTLY! Doesn't support positions, has nothing but opinions, rambles and has no substantive information. Follows man in their "new age" philosophy and brings a different gospel while claiming to be a Christian.

My sentiments EXACTLY! Doesn't support positions, has nothing but opinions, rambles and has no substantive information. Follows man in their "new age" philosophy and brings a different gospel while claiming to be a Christian.

Sure. Yeah. I'm being vocal, huh?

I can see you didn't answer my POINTED questions either.

Hypocrisy is running rampant within Christianity and its followers.

Until you can show me otherwise.....your actions will be known publicly.

Tell ya what.....maybe you shouldn't read my posts. Did you think everyone who comes to these forums will be prancing and tossing rose petals int he air at you and around the forum?

You thought wrong....and probably have so, because you live in a false world.

Open your eyes.....if you won't....I will be sure to take that "piece of wood" you have in yours - out of it.....and I will do it in ways you have never seen before.

Honestly "KenS".....the dishonesty you and others have promoted will no longer be tolerated if I am present.

Maybe you shouldn't even read my posts.....as they seem to be causing some problems for you when you read them. Maybe you shouldn't have rejected what Jesus taught.

Honesty "KenS".....if you won't give it freely, I'll be sure to force it out of you.

You will not mislead others to Christianity - through false assertions and unfounded claims.

Got it?

Good.

...and you think your comment will end me posting?

Sorry. In fact, with you posting, I will post even more......ensuring what you say has all the components of fact, since you clearly seem to disregard this part of your viewpoint.

As you were.

Kenny

Premium Member
Hypocrisy is running rampant within Christianity and its followers.

We now have a witness of two that you are rambling and insulting. If you represent the "new age" understanding of scripture, you are a poor example.

So, do you believe that Jesus said "Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit."?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
....but then again....you couldn't even take the time to answer any of my questions about the "Trinity".

Now who really is trying to pull the wool over other people's eyes?

You are.

Did you even attempt to answer the questions I posed? Did you begin to read them and realize you failed and the answers you would provide, would reveal the falseness of your thinking?

It would.

That is why you chose to insult me, instead of addressing the facts about your belief system.

I'm onto you.....and people like you. I will not tolerate anymore lying about Jesus in this world....and especially not by so-called "Christians" or other folks who just plain disregard what he taught.

Yes "Frankie" - I'll know if you are honest with me or not.....trust me.....I will.

I'm not your "every day run of the mill objector to religion"......I'm much more than that......one that is willing to help those folks who want to lie about Jesus, to become more honest and truthful about Jesus.

Are you ready for the challenge? I am, because I know I will win.....and if you actually do believe in what Jesus taught.....you will too.

Self.
You have some issues, but they're not my problem. Onto my ignore list you go.

We now have a witness of two that you are rambling and insulting. If you represent the "new age" understanding of scripture, you are a poor example.

So, do you believe that Jesus said "Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit."?
What scriptures?

Do you know the answer to these questions? If so, then post them.....so many people don't know.....

...or more accurately.....you will run away and be a coward in answering them truthfully?

Well?

Just so you understand my posts "KenS"....>I'm not here to encourage you or anyone to keep believing in what men told you to believe. My posts will be direct and too the point. I won't be "sharing" metaphors or parables to you, for you to better understand......because apparently, you missed all those that were already spoken by Jesus.....

I've come to correct your thinking. And guess what.....I brought a "sword"!

Now carefully.....read the questions....and then respond to me and tell me that you know the answers.

You can do this.....the answers are very simple.

Or in truth, you refuse to expose the lie to yourself....and will just wallow in the shoes of others?

Come on...you seem to be a big boy. What are the answers?

Well?

We'll see how honest you really are, huh? And the funny thing about it.....you know I will know.....and seem to think that it doesn't matter.

Oh - it matters......your ilk has caused so many to be misled......I'm not allowing your team to do that anymore.

Show me that you can be honest......show me you can be truthful......show me how you understand what Jesus taught. Show me something that will stop me from being so direct with you?

...and what can you show me?......The truth.

Put up or just be quiet.