• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypothetical Harry Potter

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I haven't read the books, and couldn't follow the movies. But I looked into it yesterday and found it very intersting. I had questions:

1. What if the Matrix was involved? Would the Wizarding World also be part of the Matrix?

2. What is beyond the Forbidden Forest? How big is it?

3. What if a bad guy comes by that had the goal in mind of leaking the Wizarding World into the muggle world? What would happen if wizardry was leaked into the muggle world to the point it caused a muggle vs wizard war? Who'd win? What if it doesn't start a war - would both worlds coexist?

4. Was Aragog a bad guy or a good guy? They mourn at the death, but last I knew he set Harry and Ron on the menu in the 2nd book.

5. What if Voldemort succeeded in killing Harry Potter? Would he get power back or just remain weak even though his lifelong deathwish has been fulfilled?

6. I recall Voldemort using Cruciatus Curse on Harry (6th in the series IIRC). Why did he do that and not just AK him?

7. Doesn't AK make a very reliable way to suicide? It wont work if you actually don't want death deep down inside, but if you truly want death it will work. It will be reliable in the fact that people who actually have hope wont die, and the ones that don't are truly better off dead.

8. Are the wands pretty much alive? Their characteristics really make them seem that way.

9. Where exactly did wands come from? Who invented them and how?

10. I understand there was a time traveling device. Why didn't Harry just travel back to the day his parents died and kill Voldemort?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I haven't read the books, and couldn't follow the movies. But I looked into it yesterday and found it very intersting. I had questions:

1. What if the Matrix was involved? Would the Wizarding World also be part of the Matrix?
Maybe, maybe not. The second iteration of the Matrix was all supernatural monsters, and that need not be separate from the Masquerade

2. What is beyond the Forbidden Forest? How big is it?
Beyond? The rest of the world (whatever is northwest of Hogwarts grounds). The forest only covers school grounds which, despite being Unplottable, are probably rather small.

3. What if a bad guy comes by that had the goal in mind of leaking the Wizarding World into the muggle world? What would happen if wizardry was leaked into the muggle world to the point it caused a muggle vs wizard war? Who'd win? What if it doesn't start a war - would both worlds coexist?
Rowling has said that a Muggle with a gun can easily beat a wizard with a wand. Most likely, without a head start, the Wizards would be history.

4. Was Aragog a bad guy or a good guy? They mourn at the death, but last I knew he set Harry and Ron on the menu in the 2nd book.
Neither. He was a friend of Hagrid's.

5. What if Voldemort succeeded in killing Harry Potter? Would he get power back or just remain weak even though his lifelong deathwish has been fulfilled?
He would live on, but still only as a shell of a human being, due to his seven-split soul.

6. I recall Voldemort using Cruciatus Curse on Harry (6th in the series IIRC). Why did he do that and not just AK him?
He wasn't particularly preoccupied with Harry at the moment (fourth book, he had just been reborn) and instead was showing off to his followers.

7. Doesn't AK make a very reliable way to suicide? It wont work if you actually don't want death deep down inside, but if you truly want death it will work. It will be reliable in the fact that people who actually have hope wont die, and the ones that don't are truly better off dead.
It might be a rather horrible method of suicide though, since it splits the soul in half. You'd be stuck in Limbo forever unless you can forgive yourself...which means the only successful suicides by Killing Curse would be those with integrity.

8. Are the wands pretty much alive? Their characteristics really make them seem that way.
Quasi-sentient I believe she's called them. They have vague emotions and remember things, but don't have much of a mind.

9. Where exactly did wands come from? Who invented them and how?
Ollivander's family started their business in 382 BC, but I doubt they invented them. Probably originated in staffs with bones or feathers wrapped onto them or something. IDK.

10. I understand there was a time traveling device. Why didn't Harry just travel back to the day his parents died and kill Voldemort?
Time-travel couldn't change the past, only fulfill it. The past is immutable but some events that occurred in the past require time travel to fulfill.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
IMO the Harry Potter books are best experienced as a dream-like tale.

Their world is not completely logical, and the events show a remarkable bias towards Harry's own perspective.

Assume that Harry is dreaming it all, and the tale becomes that much stronger for it.

It could be interesting to reverse-engineer what Harry's life is like outside that oniric narrative...