• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hypnotism and neuro linguistic programming

Knowledge Gourmet

gourmet of knowledge
I once heard someone say that by learning to manipulate others we learn how NOT to let ourselves be manipulated.

I've been noticing lately that many news anchors and such use NLP, hypnotism, and subliminal techniques when speaking or conducting interviews.

It seems to me that hypnotism and NLP could be powerful tools for the black magician. I want to be able to speak purposefully/deliberately instead of just babbling.

Does anyone know any other message forums that deal with hypnotism/NLP?

Can anyone recommend any e-books or free sites with more information?

Thanks

7mHoeHQ.gif

Orias

Left Hand Path
By manipulating other people you are letting yourself be manipulated by them. When you engage you are also essentially being engaged.

Like in wrestling, or reading a book. You are grabbing the opponent, your opponent is grabbing you, you are reading the words, the words are sticking out, grabbing your eyes.

You can learn how to not be manipulated, but then again thats almost impossible. The very air around you is vibrating with influence. One must learn to control it, rather than attempt to not be affected by it, because you will. Its like competing in the martial arts, you will feel fear, how you use it will determine your effectiveness.

Regarding the news and television, well I guess you are being desensitized, which in a way can prevent you from being able to sense some things.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Definitely knowing about techniques like NLP makes you less susceptible to them. However with knowing about the tools also comes the illusion that you're completely free from them. Especially NLP is based on reactions that come naturally to us and none of us are so inhuman we're entirely unaffected by what happens in normal social interaction.

I'm basing my magical work almost entirely on hypnosis and other psychological techniques. For me my experimentation with them as tools to control the mind slowly led me to where I'm now and while I've been recently studying ceremonial magic I still keep in touch with my roots. I don't know any forums on the subject, but I'm in for talking about my take on hypnosis and magic if you're interested in it.

I think Derren Brown (hypnotist, show magician) could be someone of interest to you. There are plenty of videos on Youtube from various shows he's made. He's also written a book called Tricks of the Mind, which explains the basics of how people are controlled or fooled by psychological means.

MrOmega

Well OP, they do say that hypnotism is simply a way of persuading people. If one is predisposed, they might be persuaded, or they might let down on their inhibitions.

NLP and hypnosis generally is meant as a positive influence, however, yeah, stage comedians do make people act like drunken fools right?

In all seriousness, I do remember someone hypnotizing me unknowingly and with my disadvantage specifically in mind, so... your call...

OP... you are a Luciferian, so wtf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ-oOtdLyIs

Last edited:

ScottySatan

I like the part of NLP that deals with the psychology of communication. Just look for that online, it's very easy to find. The therapeutic part of NLP, the "swish" seems like a bunch of bollocks to me, but I can't be sure. I definitely don't believe in those books about how to get pretty girls to fall in lust with you after you use a couple of key words. I think that's just mens' erotica. I imagine that would carry a charge of statutory rape if it actually worked.

Hypnosis as well...I've seen it and had it done to me, but got no effect whatsoever. Has anyone actually done this effectively?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Some people are more easily hypnotized than others. I've seen one therapist speak about learning how to be hypnotized, because it's something that doesn't come naturally to everyone and is also very reliant on the trust between the hypnotist and the subject. Assuming the person who tried to hypnotize you had the proper education, it might also be that you didn't recognize the hypnosis as what it was due to the impression popular culture had given about the effects.

ScottySatan

it might also be that you didn't recognize the hypnosis as what it was due to the impression popular culture had given about the effects.

I agree with you there and try to keep an open mind about that, but every time (3 times with different hypnotisers) they told me what I was supposed to be feeling or thinking, and they were wrong. Seriously, I wish hypnosis worked. It's no prejudice that makes me skeptical.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
There is a certain segment of the population for which NLP or hypnosis can't possibly work. Either works via operative trust so if you teach neither the person inducing, yourself, or the fact that it could work it likely won't. Magick isn't actually a different process, but people tend to trust themselves more than others and the magick usually fits their spiritual conception at the time thus it is generally more easier to get it to work for the left-handed path-type.

All of these things operate through thought-forms, visualization, and suspension of disbelief. Anyone telling you they're not all the same damn thing is lying. NLP really is a catch phrase some author came up to sell books... the Hindu yogis had been using introspective and visualizing processes like these for thousands of years.

Last edited: