• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human Dignity

SK2005

Saint in training
At our school it is human dignity month and some of the students make posters to put around the halls showing or listing human dignity. One of them says you need to respect human rights. It has a list of rights that need to be respected. The last one says the choice of abortion. To me this makes no sense because you should give the right to people to take another innocent life, but shouldn't we respect that life too??? I thought about asking someone to take that poster down because it makes me mad. I talked to one of the teachers and she agrees with me.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
One of the "rights" we have as humans is to choose right from wrong. To me it's what really seperates us from the beasts.

standing_on_one_foot

SK2005 said:
At our school it is human dignity month and some of the students make posters to put around the halls showing or listing human dignity. One of them says you need to respect human rights. It has a list of rights that need to be respected. The last one says the choice of abortion. To me this makes no sense because you should give the right to people to take another innocent life, but shouldn't we respect that life too??? I thought about asking someone to take that poster down because it makes me mad. I talked to one of the teachers and she agrees with me.
It really all comes down to if you define that fetus as a human life or not. That's what's really being debated so much. I do think the poster's a bit too...hmm, opinionated, though.