• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huh?

Bird123

I did find the owners, and talked to the wife. She cared very much. Her husband didn't care at all, and seemed angry that we'd disturbed him.

In the event it happens again(and I'm sure it will), do you think it would go over well to have the police contact the wife? (I saved her number.)

Sounds like the police in your case would not take the effort. Maybe the husband doesn't realize the damage being done to his property that he will have to fix later. Sounds like the husband doesn't want to take the effort either.

If the owners do not care, it's going to be hard. Hmmm? A city code violation like not keeping the grass cut or having garbage or old cars in the yard might get a report from the city to the owners. Maybe, if the owners have to clean up after the strangers, the owners might take action.

If the owners are ok with those people living in the house. There is not much that can be done unless you can prove a crime is being done. Are the break ins around the neighborhood an assumption or is there proof? With all the cameras one can buy to watch one's house, surely the neighborhood can acquire some evidence if the crime is as bad as you say. A little evidence might make that search warrant more viable.

That's what I see. This one is not so clear!!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like the police in your case would not take the effort. Maybe the husband doesn't realize the damage being done to his property that he will have to fix later. Sounds like the husband doesn't want to take the effort either.

If the owners do not care, it's going to be hard. Hmmm? A city code violation like not keeping the grass cut or having garbage or old cars in the yard might get a report from the city to the owners. Maybe, if the owners have to clean up after the strangers, the owners might take action.

If the owners are ok with those people living in the house. There is not much that can be done unless you can prove a crime is being done. Are the break ins around the neighborhood an assumption or is there proof? With all the cameras one can buy to watch one's house, surely the neighborhood can acquire some evidence if the crime is as bad as you say. A little evidence might make that search warrant more viable.

That's what I see. This one is not so clear!!

Well, here's where we've gotten: I uncovered the name of the owners, and after calling quite a few random numbers connected with such(and annoying quite a few people), I got the number of the wife of the couple. She was concerned, and sent her husband over, who wasn't. He did install lightbulbs so everything is lit up, boarded one window, and swept all the broken glass into a pile and left it on his front porch.

However, seeing the house lit up like a Christmas tree got one of the cops to stop by(without his DIY superior officer). We saw them out there, and went out to investigate. I gave the name and number of the owner to the officer, who said it was very helpful, and said he should be able to do more if he's able to talk to the couple(I advised to ask for the woman, as she cared, instead of the gentleman, who clearly did not).

The break ins are real, and have had police deal with at least some of them. We thwarted ours; my husband came up behind three guys(that have now been seen going in and out of that house) trying to break into our place(he broke into their faces).

Bird123

Well, here's where we've gotten: I uncovered the name of the owners, and after calling quite a few random numbers connected with such(and annoying quite a few people), I got the number of the wife of the couple. She was concerned, and sent her husband over, who wasn't. He did install lightbulbs so everything is lit up, boarded one window, and swept all the broken glass into a pile and left it on his front porch.

However, seeing the house lit up like a Christmas tree got one of the cops to stop by(without his DIY superior officer). We saw them out there, and went out to investigate. I gave the name and number of the owner to the officer, who said it was very helpful, and said he should be able to do more if he's able to talk to the couple(I advised to ask for the woman, as she cared, instead of the gentleman, who clearly did not).

The break ins are real, and have had police deal with at least some of them. We thwarted ours; my husband came up behind three guys(that have now been seen going in and out of that house) trying to break into our place(he broke into their faces).

Sounds like people are starting to listen to you. Maybe getting all the neighbors together for at least a neighborhood watch would help. Further, multiple reports to police from many different people will send a message to the police something needs to get done.