• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would ETs alter your spiritual beliefs

cmotdibbler

In another thread Orichalcum asked "do you believe in aliens?" But the discovery of a genuine ET brings up some interesting issues for people of many faiths.

How would theists deal with the issue of intelligent extraterrestrial lifeforms?
Assume we have some process that enables us to have some form of practical communications.

1. Do you think they would be christian?
2. Would you view the ETs as a new target for missionary work, if feasible?
3. If the ETs were clearly more advanced and lacked any spiritual beliefs, how would
that affect your belief in christianity.

Personally I've noticed that many fundamentalist christians have the strong opinion that we are alone in the universe *or* that ETs are angelic beings. I have not heard any speculations by muslims or jews with regard to ETs.

Tawn

If technologically advanced ET's came to us then all I can say is prepare to accept their religions as your own.. ;)