• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How was USSR not a pagan society?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Early Christians were aware of Buddhism, which was practiced in both the Greek and Roman empires. How is Christianity not imitation of Buddhism?

Most religion is an amalgamation of religions that came before, Christianity has elements of Judaism, the Egyptian religions, Zorastrianism and no doubt others

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Early Christians were aware of Buddhism, which was practiced in both the Greek and Roman empires. How is Christianity not imitation of Buddhism?
Buddhism and Christianity are basically different concepts, only in a tangential sense can Buddhism be classed as religion

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Dutch Santa/Sinterklaas comes from Spain on a boat, rides a horse and has a Moorish assistant called Zwarte Piet (Black Pete).

He also arrives on 5th December rather than 25th and wears a Bishop's mitre, vestment and carries a crook.
Ahh the Dutch traditions. I was always a little freaked out by Black Pete.

Vidarsdottir

Just some chick
It's My Birthday!
How is Christianity not pagan? By putting ones deity inside of the temple is clearly pagan.

Paganism is an umbrella term referencing any religion that is not one of the Abrahamic faiths. "Pagan" itself is a religion much like "Abrahamic" is a religion. All Pagans are members of religions that are not in the Abrahamic family tree of faith systems, but not all Pagans reject aspects of or even deities or wights belonging to the Abrahamic faith systems.

I am having a difficult time believing you are not simply a grasping troll, as I thought pretty much everyone who even slightly pondered what Pagans were up to was aware of that very basic fact. Unless English isn't your best language, in which case keep practicing and you're welcome for the new, correct usage of the word.

You should, if sincerely curious, actually ask rather than rely on your own very flawed perceptions of other faith systems. After all, don't you belong to a religion that built a temple so they could worship a rock?

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
How can it be this? They clearly promoted an Idea that its okay to present gifts to statues. Did they not?
It astounds me that with so much discussion regarding idols, religion, statues and secular customs, you're still not getting it. Why do you ask so many questions, but never listen?

sovietchild

Paganism is an umbrella term referencing any religion that is not one of the Abrahamic faiths. "Pagan" itself is a religion much like "Abrahamic" is a religion. All Pagans are members of religions that are not in the Abrahamic family tree of faith systems, but not all Pagans reject aspects of or even deities or wights belonging to the Abrahamic faith systems.

I am having a difficult time believing you are not simply a grasping troll, as I thought pretty much everyone who even slightly pondered what Pagans were up to was aware of that very basic fact. Unless English isn't your best language, in which case keep practicing and you're welcome for the new, correct usage of the word.

You should, if sincerely curious, actually ask rather than rely on your own very flawed perceptions of other faith systems. After all, don't you belong to a religion that built a temple so they could worship a rock?

Ask what? Are you some kind of a religious master? How is presenting gifts to statues not pagan?

sovietchild

Why do you ask so many questions, but never listen?

Because there is no audio coming out from RF forum.

giphy.gif