• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to Shrink Your Base

Wandering Monk

Well, ANOTHER way at any rate:

A Kentucky House committee has advanced a bill that would repeal state laws requiring employers to provide lunch and rest breaks for employees. The bill was sponsored by Republican Representative Phillip Pratt who previously proposed a bill that would weaken child labor laws there.

Garbage Person of the Week.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I haven't read the article. But I'm guessing this will be the Republican politician "solution" to there being increases in minimum wage.

(The solution being for businesses. The excuse will be "shouldn't have raised minimum wages")

Calling it now.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

A Kentucky House committee has advanced a bill that would repeal state laws requiring employers to provide lunch and rest breaks for employees. The bill was sponsored by Republican Representative Phillip Pratt who previously proposed a bill that would weaken child labor laws there.

Yet another Republican bashing nothingburger thread. How typical. *yawn*

Wandering Monk

I haven't read the article. But I'm guessing this will be the Republican politician "solution" to there being increases in minimum wage.

(The solution being for businesses. The excuse will be "shouldn't have raised minimum wages")

Calling it now.
I wonder if this bill might be aimed at migrant workers, the least likely to protest.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
His n

His next bill Will be to reintroduce slavery.