• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to make an atheistic statement seen by thousands in America, using only a red pen

Step 1 -- Get your hands on a permanent red marking pen, like a Sharpie.
Step 2 -- Find the slogan "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the back of your dollar bills.
Step 3 -- With your red pen, draw a circle and slash over "GOD," like this:

100dollarbillgod3lu.jpg

Step 4 -- Carry your pen around with you when you go shopping and repeat Step 3 with every dollar bill that ever comes into your possession.

I have made this my ritual. I will no longer sacrifice my integrity by dealing in currency containing a message that I strongly object to. Instead, I will force religious people who recognize no bounds between church and state to sacrifice their integrity by spreading my message around, and I will make them see the injustice.

If every atheist in America does this, then every dollar bill would have an atheist message on it--that is, until "IN GOD WE TRUST" is removed.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Probably a better idea would be to send all of that filthy lucre over to me! :D

Welcome to the fray, er forum and good luck in your protest!

NetDoc said:
Probably a better idea would be to send all of that filthy lucre over to me! :D

Welcome to the fray, er forum and good luck in your protest!
Thanks for the welcome, bro! I hope you join me. :)

Scuba Pete

Probably not tonight! However, I do see the slogan as hypocritical for most: just not for me! :D

Ormiston

Is this legal? I'm always broke so I don't know if I would make much of an impact. Interesting idea though.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm pretty sure it's not legal, actually. That's why wheresgeorge.com writes in the blank area around the bill instead of on the bill itself.

spdoulos

ApostateAbe said:
If every atheist in America does this, then every dollar bill would have an atheist message on it--that is, until "IN GOD WE TRUST" is removed.
Is your hate for God or the idea of God so strong that you would cross out the name God of our currency? Do many people even look at that? Also, out of curiousity why do you hate the idea of God so much? Lastly, why a red sharpie? What do you have against blue?

Peace,

jonny

ApostateAbe said:
How long do bills stay in circulation? I have a feeling that these bills would disappear when they made it to the bank. You should probably wage your protest using coins. They tend to stay around longer. :)

In any case, the only time I ever carry cash is when I can't use a debit card and the cash usually goes straight from the ATM to whomever I need to give it to. I probably wouldn't notice your protest either.

jonny

spdoulos said:
Is your hate for God or the idea of God so strong that you would cross out the name God of our currency? Do many people even look at that? Also, out of curiousity why do you hate the idea of God so much? Lastly, why a red sharpie? What do you have against blue?
Blue is a religious color, duh. When was the last time you saw an athiest wear blue? Everyone knows that athiests prefer red. :149:

SoyLeche

meh...
jonny said:
Blue is a religious color, duh. When was the last time you saw an athiest wear blue? Everyone knows that athiests prefer red. :149:
Because they are the spawn of Satan :mad: (need a good devil smilie)

Scuba Pete

You know... I wonder if the reproduction of the hundred dollar bill (great image, BTW) is against the law?

pandamonk

For coins, get a metal paint and just paint over the god bit. I'm Scottish and so don't get all the "in god we trust" ****e. Good luck in your protest. And by the way, if it is illegal, who's gonna know you did it? Also, if there is enough done it should make them take it off. I say we somehow get every atheist, or person who's against it to do this. The only way i can think of getting this spread is in...i dread to say it...chain-email:eek:

Aqualung

Tasty
I seriously don't think there's enough atheists who care, or enough people who look at their money, or enough people who care if they did notice. But, hey, whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There is no mention of god on our notes.
But a picture of Charles Darwin is on the back of a £10 note which might upset a few believers in ID in the USA

on the £5 we have Elizabeth Fry a Quaker prison reformer
on the £20 we have Edward Elgar the composer.
0n the £50 we have Sir John Houblon the first govenor of the bank of england

We no longer have a £100 note but this is a useful story of such a note ( fom the Scouts site)

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a £100-00 note. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this £100-00 note? Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this £100-00 to one of you but first, let me do this.

He proceeded to crumple the £100-00 note up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air. Well, he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth £100-00 .

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE. You are special - Don't EVER forget it."

Terry_______________________-
Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land