• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to know changes in the Bible

peacecrusader888

The spirit of Ama told us (plural) to use the King James Version of the Holy Bible because it is "nearer the truth" (than other versions).

Normally, the verse in the Bible ends with a period (John 1:1). If the sentence is long, then it may be broken up into two verses. The first verse may end up with a colon (John 9:20-21, 11:25-26) or sometimes, a comma (John 2:9-10, 9:6-7).

The verse may be short as in John 11:35 (Jesus wept.) or in John 10:30 (I and my Father are one.)

Now, how can we detect any change in the Bible? It usually is (and sometimes the third) the second sentence of the verse. It is up to us to accept it as error or not.

But Ama said that it is only Jesus who is the child of the Blessed Virgin Mary. So Matthew 13:55-56 and Mark 6:3 should be ignored.

If Jesus said it, then most likely, it is true and is His word. The verse is in red in a Red Letter Edition.

Apologes

I'd recommend staying away from the Red Letter editions of the Bible as every serious scholar did. The textual nature of the Gospels makes it meaningless to quote out things Jesus said "directly". (As if such a thing can be confirmed...)