• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Get To Mars

esmith

Veteran Member
Perhaps for the benefit of our members who are unable to, or do not wish to, watch the linked film, you could summarize for us.

Well, it is basically an animation on the latest Mars landing, from launch to the "bouncy capsule" that the rover was in. with some actual footage of Mission Control. This was a JPL production.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't watch this video but the latest Mars landing was indeed a masterpiece technical achievement.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ok I watched the video. It was cool.

It's unfortunate that there doesn't exist real footage of how it landed. This one was particularly complicated due to the rockets they used to reduce the landing speed- it was heavier than previous landings so they had to do this.

I worked on some space systems before and it's quite difficult and frustrating, because so much work goes into it, then it takes years to do the mission, and if one small thing breaks then the whole thing could fail.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
That was pretty neat.

I am very thankful to have been involved with the design of a part of the Spirit Rover back in the early 2000's. We used to contract with JPL and held parts worth more then my car.

Thanks for sharing that. :)