• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to celebrate

Melody

Ok guys....today I am officially 50 years young and was doing well until my 14 year old informed me that I can now join AARP. The midget will pay. :jester5:

I wish I could share my traditional birthday cake (strawberry shortcake) with you all! Thanks for being there to help keep my brain cells active!

A

angellous_evangellous

Congrats!!!

Beer and pizza (or hotwings) make any celebration complete.

fromthe heart

What wonderful news...Happy Birthday Melody!!! I'm glad to have a buddy in what I call "the cresting edge of over the hill"...I'm gonna be 52 in just a few weeks. I don't consider being over the hill till life get's too tough and you HAVE to slow your pace that is when I plan to coast for a while:D

Melody

fromthe heart said:
What wonderful news...Happy Birthday Melody!!! I'm glad to have a buddy in what I call "the cresting edge of over the hill"...I'm gonna be 52 in just a few weeks. I don't consider being over the hill till life get's too tough and you HAVE to slow your pace that is when I plan to coast for a while:D

May you never reach the point where life gets too tough and you have to slow down. My mother-in-law is 76 and her husband is 84 and I swear these two have more energy than most 50 year old's I know! I want to be just like them at that age! Well, ok...and I want to be eccentric. Up to this point, my husband says I've just been strange. Eccentric comes with advanced age (which my 14 year thinks is now).

evearael

Happy Birthday! Make a wish!
Well, ok...and I want to be eccentric.
Yes, definitely! I come from a long line of eccentric women and wouldn't have it any other way. My great-grandma raked her own leaves and shoveled her own driveway and walk until she passed at the age of 92. She was just too stubborn to let anyone else to it for her.

Smoke

Done here.
Happy Birthday! :balloons:

"By the age of fifty, you have made yourself what you are, and if it is good, it is better than your youth." (Marya Mannes)

Melody

evearael said:
My great-grandma raked her own leaves and shoveled her own driveway and walk until she passed at the age of 92. She was just too stubborn to let anyone else to it for her.

I have a theory that stubborn, independent people live longer because they're in better health from doing their own mowing, shoveling, etc.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
If it's any consolation, I'm a Jr and I started getting AARP stuff when my dad turned 60.:eek: Even today, 6 years later, I still get ads for hearing aids and invites to seminars for income planning for seniors.:biglaugh: Life is funny.

Enough about me.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY and congratulations on raising a 14 year old with such a quick wit.:p