• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how Muslims make it to paradise?

Sabour

Is it knowledge or faith, they takes a Muslim to paradise?

First, it is through the Mercy of God. Second, comes our beliefs and deeds.

Through out the Quraan, you will always find the expression "those who believe and do righteous" Let me give you examples

2:25 And give good tidings to those who believe and do righteous deeds that they will have Gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow. Whenever they are provided with a provision of fruit therefrom, they will say, "This is what we were provided with before." And it is given to them in likeness. And they will have therein purified spouses, and they will abide therein eternally.

2:82 But they who believe and do righteous deeds - those are the companions of Paradise; they will abide therein eternally.

2:277 Indeed, those who believe and do righteous deeds and establish prayer and give zakah will have their reward with their Lord, and there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.

3:57 But as for those who believed and did righteous deeds, He will give them in full their rewards, and Allah does not like the wrongdoers.

4:57 But those who believe and do righteous deeds - We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide forever. For them therein are purified spouses, and We will admit them to deepening shade.

4: 122 But the ones who believe and do righteous deeds - We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. [It is] the promise of Allah , [which is] truth, and who is more truthful than Allah in statement.

There are many more verses like that. The common thing between them is that they all have the expression of those who believe and do righteous.

Hope that answers the question.

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Adding a little to what Dawud and one answer already provided.

Like in Christianity we do not believe Deeds will get us to Jannah. That comes as a gift from Allaah(swt) freely given to those who believe and know (Knowledge) that he will forgive all who sincerely are repentant and ask for his Mercy. (Faith and Trust)

We do believe that all sincere believers will perform good deeds as an essential part of worship. Part of showing our love and obedience to Allaah(swt) is shown through our love of others.

We can not get ourselves into heaven (Jannah) it is a gift freely given through the mercy of Allaah(swt) We only need ask for forgiveness with a repentant and sincere heart.

seeking4truth

Do you believe paradise is a physical place?

Personally I think it is a state of mind or state of spiritual awareness.

From this point of view paradise can be here and hereafter(which is what most religions teach) and comes when you have an understanding of your purpose in God's scheme of things and act in accordance with the guidelines He has provided to help you achieve that purpose.

It is the Grace of God which provides the system, the knowledge and the example of the prophets to enable us to achieve this purpose and thus arrive in paradise.

Is paradise the same as heaven?

I am an ex-Muslim. I am not going to write any of my thoughts because it can be so perceived that I am manipulating the religion. But, I am just gonna add some verses from Qur-an.
"Allah will say: This is a day in which the truthful will profit from their truth. Theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath - their eternal Home. Allah is well-pleased with them, and they with Allah. That is the great salvation" (5:119).

"But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is gardens, beneath which rivers flow" (2:25).

"Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah. That is the supreme felicity" (9:72).

"In a lofty Paradise, where they shall neither hear harmful speech nor falsehood. Therein will be a running spring. Therein will be thrones raised high, and cups set at hand. And cushions set in rows, and rich carpets (all) spread out" (88:10-16).

“... rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes...” (Quran 47:15).

"Indeed, the righteous will be in a secure place; Within gardens and springs, Wearing [garments of] fine silk and brocade, facing each other. Thus. And We will marry them to fair women with large, [beautiful] eyes.They will call therein for every [kind of] fruit - safe and secure..." (Quran 44:51-55)

By the way this may be also beneficial: How Is Heaven (Jannah) Described in the Quran?

In my country, we have religion classes and we are taught that this kind of place is real, neither a mind-state nor an illusion.

jtartar

Is it knowledge or faith, they takes a Muslim to paradise?

forth and five,
This is a question that I would like to heare what a Muslem says about that.
My Bible says that here is only one name under heaven that has been given to men, by which we MUST get saved, Acts 4:12.
The Bible also says, that if you do not have Jesus, you do not have the Fater either, 1John 5:9-13.

JustHappy

forth and five,
This is a question that I would like to heare what a Muslem says about that.
My Bible says that here is only one name under heaven that has been given to men, by which we MUST get saved, Acts 4:12.
The Bible also says, that if you do not have Jesus, you do not have the Fater either, 1John 5:9-13.
Interesting how you call it "my" Bible, as if your Bible would be different of other Bibles, what in fact is true, since there are thousands of transations and almost none of the Christians take the effort to read the "original" text.

That said, if you want to compare your christian belief with the view of muslims, you must clearify what christian belief you support, since christian believes are based on traditions rather than the word of God or Jesus.

To refer to the Bible, in Matthew 7:21-25 it says: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’ “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.

Here Jesus clearly states that it is not by calling his name that one will be accepted into the Kingdom of Heaven. You have to follow what God says, meaning how Jesus taught the people to behave.

In Matthew 18:2-4 it says: He called a child, whom he put among them, and said, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Here Jesus says that to enter heaven you need to behave humble like a child.

In Mark 12:28-30 it says: One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, he asked him, “Which commandment is the first of all?” Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’

I think this is a very clear statement that the first thing one should do in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven is believing in the One and Only God and love Him and do anything for Him.

These are all verses from the Bible and are almost exactly coherent with what is stated in the Quran, so why is it that so many Christians believe that the only way to the Kingdom of Heaven is through accepting Jesus as "only son of God" and recognising that he has taken all sins of men by suffering and dying at the cross? These theories do not come from Jesus but are a doctrine of the early Roman interpretation of Christianity. Romans misused the preaching of Jesus for their own political aims misleading millions of people for about 2000 years. When will Christians finally open their eyes and see that it is their own church that is the "beast that rise out of the land" as stated in revelation 13:11-12 and "speaks like a dragon". Your church is telling you to follow the religion of the heathen Romans! They just covered it in the mantle of Jesus, so people would not recognise it anymore as being blasphemy, but they all tell you lies and myths! When will Christians finally start to forget what their priests say and start reading and interpreting the Bible themselves?

I'm sorry if this statement is a bit out of line, but I thought it should be said.