• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is the crime where you live?

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Nope. Most of our crime comes from whites and African Americans. Everything else is gravy.

Mmm... Cajun gravy. Now I'm hungry. :D

I have a samurai sword...........does that count?
If you don't know how to use it, it'd probably be more of a danger to yourself than it would be to an attacker.

If you want to just frighten a burglar with it, it could be effective (though "effective" might mean "effective at convincing him that he'd better not let you get too close to him, and that he should just shoot you right now from a safe distance instead" :eek:). Just remember that swinging it around in a panic situation might cause you to lose ears or fingers, even if the blade is dulled with age.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's how it was everywhere I've lived except here. Even in my old house in Crowley - only five miles from where I live now, I left the doors unlocked and friends/family could just walk in. I have to constantly remind visiting family to lock their car doors and keep the house locked while they are here.
Wow. This one housing edition I lived at, we never locked the door, even if there was going to be nobody home.
But then again, we lived in a small trailer, had a slightly unkempt lawn, and was surrounded by actual houses.

Motion detector activated lights give you an early warning to an intruder and you can install an additional light in the house to let you know when they are on very inexpensively.
The one problem with lights, is if you get too accustomed to them, and they do not get you to wake up anymore, if an intruder noticed no one was startled, he now has a light to see what he is doing. But that one also depends where you live. In the middle of a city an intruder would be forced to run since any one driving by could see them, but out in the country there is a slight chance of anybody driving by.
Personally, I trust a loud, bark happy inside dog. They don't have to bite. But as soon as they start barking, everybody is awake. And there are some good sized dogs that have plenty of bark.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Wow. This one housing edition I lived at, we never locked the door, even if there was going to be nobody home.
But then again, we lived in a small trailer, had a slightly unkempt lawn, and was surrounded by actual houses.
Reminds me of my car anti-theft device: making the car a ten-year-old slightly rusty minivan with nothing of value in plain sight. :D