• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is the Christ Redeemer statue not decaying the nation?

sovietchild

Let's think about this. Let's presume that God has a son is a corrupted idea. If this idea is corrupted then it breeds corrupted ideas within the nation. It decays the country. Brazil is known to be a murder capital of the world. If this practice (to put up a statue of Jesus in order to attract visitors) is to deceive others in order to make money, then it only breeds anti-social practices.

Is it because of the hot weather Brazil is so criminal? Is it because of population so high that Brazil is so criminal? Or, is it because of the religion, because the religion could be corrupted.

How can Christ Redeemer statue not decay the nation? If it is corrupted, then it will only breed corruption through entire nation and it's neighbors. Right? Please.
Regards.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
Well, there are 14 countries with higher intentional homicide rates than Brazil, and none of them have comparable statues, so I am inclined to think other factors are at work.

Furthermore, the three countries with the lowest murder rate are of the same religious denominational majority as Brazil.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The thing is, Jesus preached radical charity and forgiveness. He even preached "love your enemies". If everyone in Brazil was following that Religion, there would not be a single homicide!

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Let's think about this. Let's presume that God has a son is a corrupted idea.
I don't like Christianity. I think it's stupid. But I don't make threads like this because it's rude. How would you reply to a thread where the idea posited is that the notion of a prophet after Jesus was inherently corrupt?

The thing is, Jesus preached radical charity and forgiveness. He even preached "love your enemies". If everyone in Brazil was following that Religion, there would not be a single homicide!
Ehhhhhh. Matthew 10:34 and onwards;

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Let's think about this. Let's presume that God has a son is a corrupted idea. If this idea is corrupted then it breeds the corrupted ideas within the nation. It decays the country. Brazil is known to be a murder capital of the world. If this practice (to put up a statue of Jesus in order to attract visitors) is to deceive others in order to make money, then it only breeds anti-social practices.

Is it because of the hot weather Brazil is so criminal? Is it because of population so high that Brazil is so criminal? Or, is it because of the religion, because the religion could be corrupted.

How can Christ Redeemer statue not decay the nation? If it is corrupted, then it will only breed corruption through entire nation and it's neighbors. Right? Please.
Regards.

Well, you don't know how Brazil would look like without that statue.

It could be much worse, how do you know? Even assuming that whatever you say about Brazil is true.

Which I cannot judge, since I do not live there.

So, your argument is a gigantic non sequitur.

Ciao

- viole

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So you're suggesting that the statue, because it's a depiction of fiction, radiates a magical energy that corrupts people, places, and things within a certain radius? For example, people will find themselves overcome with inexplicable urges to rob and murder due to their proximity to said statue? The character is a corruptible influence even if , despite being a myth, they represented and embodied positive attributes such as peace, love, compassion, charity, hospitality, and forgiveness?

Is this why images of Muhammad are prohibited, to prevent those who would gaze upon them from magically transforming into pedophile predators?

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't like Christianity. I think it's stupid. But I don't make threads like this because it's rude. How would you reply to a thread where the idea posited is that the notion of a prophet after Jesus was inherently corrupt?

Ehhhhhh. Matthew 10:34 and onwards;

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."
Jesus never once commanded violence. Repeatedly he commanded the opposite. Repeatedly he commanded people to not commit violence.

He said he brought a sword and division. He did. People started immediately killing Christians at that time so he did indeed bring a sword and division.

Regards.

Good ****ing grief, now it's not only corrupting Brazil but its neighbours too.

It is a statue. A piece of stone made into a shape. Some people think it's quite pretty, that's about it.

Jesus Wept. Right? Please.
Regards

sovietchild

So you're suggesting that the statue, because it's a depiction of fiction, radiates a magical energy that corrupts people, places, and things within a certain radius? For example, people will find themselves overcome with inexplicable urges to rob and murder due to their proximity to said statue?

Violation breeds violation. Right? Please.
Regards.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
So you're suggesting that the statue, because it's a depiction of fiction, radiates a magical energy that corrupts people, places, and things within a certain radius? For example, people will find themselves overcome with inexplicable urges to rob and murder due to their proximity to said statue? Even, despite being a myth, represented and embodies positive attributes such as peace, love, compassion, charity, hospitality, and forgiveness?
Well duh. I mean, it gives a +4 Culture boost and a boost to tourism. I would prefer the Colossus though, +3 Gold, a free Trader and +1 Great Merchant points per turn!

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It's because their statue is bigger!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
At this point, I think the only thing more delusional than these OPs are the people who are still making an attempt to respond to them.

I don't know why any of you guys are still bothering.

:tearsofjoy:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Denmark, iceland, and Cyprus have the lowest crime rates. They must have the true Religion and the fewest Statues lol