• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it possible

idea

Question Everything
Speaking only for me. I do have compassion for all living beings, meaning i have no problem crying because of how others may have it, even if i see children in Africa i may cry out of compassion for them.
I do not feel a need for others to cry for me, because i am content with my life as it is, and the past is the past. so to me the emotions are about the present moment.

And i think you miss understand a bit, the path i am on is not to hide or lock my self in alone. but the way i can recharge my energy is to have time for my self, i do react to too much noise around me, so i do prefere silence.
I do very seldom get angry, and if it happens it is for a few minutes topps.
To understand once own emotions is important so we do not say, do or think bad about others from anger, jealosy and so on.

Good to hear you are fine crying, many people see it as a weakness.. Living in the present, I also agree - "the power of NOW", Eckhart Tolle I agree. Hope for future, visualize a better future can be an escape, and is first step in making things better. Learn from past, live in present, prepare and create the future... to think of starving children, then set goal of what future should be, it defines a path and goal to walk along.

For me
jealousy - turn this into ambition, learn from them to also gain whatever we see that is good in their life.
anger - turn into understanding, of them, and of ourselves. Haha, I'm working on this one, will be spending weekend with family from 'cult' who will be trying to manipulate my kids, and passive-aggressive attacking me for my different religious and political beliefs :(

It's all a learning experience, by the end of our lives hopefully we'll have it all figured out.

Last edited: