• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How important is it for a child to have a strong, chivalrous, responsible Father figure?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Most people aren't going to have a strong responsible Father figure in their lives growing up, because the media, entertainment industry, society, peers, coworkers, and whatever , is constantly telling men to be worthless or irresponsible.

But my Mother's second husband (6 foot 6 Vietnam Vet with purple hearts), despite being physically abusive and yelling and beating us, would have actually taught me how to act my age and be responsible, but he got killed in a car wreck four days after my mother gave birth to his first child. (I know right, friggin weird. He was the happiest guy in the world with the newborn baby in his arms, and four days later dead in an accident with a semi truck. We are never promised tomorrow, and despite all the promises in Scripture, God isn't going to protect you from sudden unexpected death at any moment).

I have met a lot effeminate men, homosexuals, transgenders, and transvestites in Jails, Irts facilities, hospitals, and group homes, and one thing I always ask them about is what their relationship was like with their Father. Typically their father was absent, or he was an unloving neglectful irresponsible alcoholic or something, and they simply were not affirmed in their masculinity, or were severely abused.

There are many exceptions to that rule, and I'm not saying that gay people would be straight if they had a strong Father figure ( to throw the ball with them and take them fishing or whatever). I'm saying I see a correlation I can't dismiss.

I watched Sy Rogers speak, and he said the same thing so many say. He had no Father figure to observe to learn how to be a responsible man, all he had was a mother, so he observed her and imitated her and became a very effeminate homosexual as a result , who was going to actually have his gender changed entirely, and was in the process, when he had an epiphany. Long story short, he's straight now and has a wife.

Now , most Fatherless males don't turn out gay , but in my experience the ones that aren't , are often angry, violent, sociopathic, criminal minded, drug addicted, or mentally ill heterosexuals. Yes, I know, there has to be exceptions to that rule, but I'm simply saying I spent 22 months in Pine Hills Youth Correctional facility, and countless time in hospitals , group homes, jails, institutions, homeless shelters, Irts facilities, and beyond, so have seen this enough, and have enough discernment , that my instincts are simply unable to be convinced otherwise.

Common sense and rational thought. If a puppy is neglected and unloved, and it reaches adulthood like that, it will turn out far more predisposed to all types of disorders that make it a bad pet, some of them unreversible. Compared to if the puppy had been loved and had responsible owners who train it to be conditioned with good habits regularly anyway.

In Montana , I've seen wolves, Grizzly bears, and Mountain Lions at this place called "Wild Eyes" that were tame enough to play with children. That is possible only through loving , handling, hand-feeding, and petting the animal frequently from the time it's very young.

Those same animals are mauling and killing people in Montana. My point being, how people are raised plays a huge role in how vicious or kind they will be to people. To create dogs for a dog fight , the dog is abused early on and trained to kill. It could have been trained to love and it would have loved. The damage is simply irreversible once it reaches adulthood. I'm not saying people are dogs but I think you get my point.

How important do you think a strong, responsible, virtuous Father figure is, to have a psychologically and emotionally healthy, mature, adult, chivalrous male, in our sick society?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Two loving parents are better than, one. But gender makes no difference.

The problems arise when one does not form a secure attachment to one or both parents.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Maybe some people grow up with anti role models. They learn from their parents how not to be by not following their example. As for a father figure, that could come from anywhere and not necessarily be the parent.

Nobody makes it all alone, or do they. I think not. If you make it to a certain maturity level you no longer need a role model.

Children who are planned for have an advantage over children who accidentally come into the world.

A successful child can come from anywhere, any background though. Sometimes the lack of something produces the determination to overcome the limitation.