• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How fast can we stop earth from warming?

KW

You are talking about a heat sink the size of a planet. It took a couple centuries to get here. There is no way we are going to reverse this quickly.

If it warms enough for methane to be released form arctic permafrost, it is pretty much game over.

Wrong.
Thus is propaganda.

Did you know that 2021 was the coldest winter ever recorded in the antarctic?

The heat island effect is the impact urban construction and concrete has on thermometers. Weather stations that were once rural are now urban and suburban. Thus artificially inflating global temperatures.

KW

How many of these scientists are climatologists who have published peer reviewed articles on climate change?

How many bigfoot researchers believe in bigfoot?

It usa leftist political cabal with predetermined conclusions.

Facts matter. Leftist lies hurt people by reducing the supply of energy we need for food and shelter.

Wandering Monk

Wrong.
Thus is propaganda.

Did you know that 2021 was the coldest winter ever recorded in the antarctic?

The heat island effect is the impact urban construction and concrete has on thermometers. Weather stations that were once rural are now urban and suburban. Thus artificially inflating global temperatures.

We are talking climate change; you are talking weather. You will have swings in weather patterns year to year and decade to decade, but the trendline on those events over centuries has been upward.

KW

We are talking climate change; you are talking weather. You will have swings in weather patterns year to year and decade to decade, but the trendline on those events over centuries has been upward.

You are spreading propaganda, I’m posting facts.

You have accepted the lies.

Wandering Monk

Tell me which fact you deny.

Your question is a double negative which makes it hard for me to reply.

Do you believe CO2 is a significant contributor to global warming?

Do you believe global CO2 levels are the highest in at least the last 800 thousand years?'

If not, what are your sources for denying this?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Saying it's too late plays into the hands of those who don't want to do anything about it. It's true, though, that the political systems are geared for short term and not long term.
I try to point out reality, not pander to would be defeatists.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Heat Island effect is used to skew the data. We are in a warming trend that has nothing to do with human activity.
What are the causes, then? When has the planet ever seen such a rapid 'trend'?
Aren't the sum of natural systems trending toward a cooling cycle?

I think the causes are pretty well known. Greenhouse gasses are increasing, and not from natural phenomena like volcanic activity. The physics of greenhouse warming is pretty basic.

Historically when have we ever seen such a rapid increase in global warming? Even the greenhouse warming of the end-Triassic mass extinction took ~18 million years. We've managed to significantly increase greenhouse gas levels in just a century or so.

KW

Your question is a double negative which makes it hard for me to reply.

Do you believe CO2 is a significant contributor to global warming?

Do you believe global CO2 levels are the highest in at least the last 800 thousand years?'

If not, what are your sources for denying this?

No, CO2 is insignificant. Historically CO2 level follow warming, they don’t create it.

Try this for a good start;

https://www.bundestag.de/resource/b...27ef2981acd52c254/19-16-292-C-Corbyn-data.pdf