• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does the Nation of Islam figure into Bible Prophecy?

Shiner2

1st Part of two part article -
1. In dealing with this discussion I'll be using brief excerpts from the Wikipedia Encyclopedia on Islam! Notice this next brief statement taken from this source:
2. "Muslims believe that God revealedhis FINAL MESSAGE to humanity through the Islamic prophet Muhammad via the archangel Gabriel (Jibrīl). For them, MUHAMMAD WAS GOD'S FINAL PROPHET and the Qur'an is the holy book of revelations he received over more than two decades In Islam, prophets are men selected by God to be his messengers. Muslims believe that prophets are human and not divine, though some are able to perform miracles to prove their claim. Islamic prophets are considered to be the closest to perfection of all humans, and are uniquely the recipients of divine revelation— either directly from God or through angels. The Qur'an mentions the names of numerous figures considered prophets in Islam, including Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus, among others. Islamic theology says that all of God's messengers since Adam preached the message of Islam — submission to the will of God. Islam is described in the Qur'an as "the primordial nature upon which God created mankind", and the Qur'an states that the proper name Muslim was given by Abraham." Where does the Bible tell us that? "All have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God."
3. Did Jehovah really deliver his final message to humanity, through, what they call, God's FINAL PROPHET MUHAMMAD?
Is that really what Jehovah has revealed to us in his Word, the Bible? According to the Revelation by the Apostle John, it was John who delivered this final message to mankind, as delivered to him by the Christ, who in turn had received this message, if you will, from Jehovah himself. To boil it all down, it was the Christ who had sent his angel to John, to get this final Revelation into the hands of mankind; thereby fulfilling Jehovah's words to tell 'the end from the beginning.' {Revelation 1:1,2} {Isaiah 46: 10}
4. Now, they mention here, that the first man Adam was a Prophet of God. Sorry! Not Correct! Adam by his sin was put out of the garden along with his wife Eve. After that sin, Jehovah would have nothing more to do with that willfull sinner; and certainly would never use him as his Prophet. Not in any way could that ever happen. {Genesis 3:23,24} {Romans 5:12}
5. Notice this next excerpt from this encyclopedia:
"Muslims are those who believe in one God and in Muhammad as the final Prophet of God. They devote their lives to the service of God, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe."
Is it possible that Muhammad was Jehovah's final Prophet? Who does the Bible actually tell us was this final Prophet?
6. Long in advance it was foretold that Jehovah would raise up a Prophet like Moses, as the following reveals. We will learn that it definitely was not Muhammad this so-called Prophet:
15 "Moses continued, "The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet LIKE ME from among your fellow Israelites. You must LISTEN TO HIM. 16 For this is what you yourselves requested of the Lord your God when you were assembled at Mount Sinai. You said, ‘Don’t let us hear the voice of the Lord our God anymore or see this blazing fire, for we will die." Deuteronomy 18:15,16 (NLT)
6. Who was this Prophet like Moses? Was it Muhammad the Prophet? Absolutely not! It was the Son of God, Jesus Christ, as is seen now:
20 "and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,
21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.
22"Moses said,' THE LORD GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN; TO HIM YOU SHALL GIVE HEED to everything He says to you.
23'And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.'
24"And likewise, all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and his successors onward, also announced these days." None of these "ALL" directed any attention to this false self-appointed prophet Muhammad. That one plays no part in this scenario, at all! No Part!
So, who was it that was Jehovah's last Prophet, like Moses? It was the Christ,now, wasn't it? Not Muhammad.
7. Who was it, that was 'the light of the World' in the first Century? Was it Muhammad? While the Christ walked this earth, he had not yet been glorified; that never occured until after his ascension to the 'right hand' of his Father. Just prior to his ascension, Jesus informed his Apostles, that, now, he held "All authority in heaven and on earth." So, he it was, that was the last Prophet of Jehovah. The one to 'take away the sin of the World.' That is why anyone 'not listening to this Prophet was to be destroyed' if they didn't 'listen to him'. {John 1:29;7:39; 8:12;17:5} {Matthew 28:18}
8. The Islamic Nation believes that Ismael was included in the Abrahamic Covenant; but the Bible is very clear on that, because Ishmael was not included in that covenant at all. Evidenced by these following words:
18 "And Abraham said to God, "Oh that Ishmael might live before You!" 19 "But God said, "No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20"As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation." Genesis 17:18-20 (N.A.S.B.) No mention of him being any part of that covenant, in those words. God said: "NO! He would establish his covenant wih Isaac and his decsendents after him, not Ishmaels. Shiner2
2nd part to follow -

Shiner2

2nd part -

9. 20"As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.
21"But My covenant I will establish WITH ISAAC, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year." 22 When He finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham." Genesis 17:20-22 (N.A.S.B.) Further proof of what I say here, as follows:
Sarah Turns against Hagar: Even more proof to follow:
10. 9 "Now Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, mocking. 10Therefore she said to Abraham, Drive out this maid and her son, for the son of this maid shall not be an heir with my son Isaac." 11The matter distressed Abraham greatly because of his son." Genesis 21:9-11 (N.A.S.B.) 23 "But the son by the bondwoman {Ishmael} was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman Isaac} through the promise. 24 This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar.
11. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children.
26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.
27 For it is written, "REJOICE, BARREN WOMAN WHO DOES NOT BEAR; BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR; FOR MORE NUMEROUS ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DESOLATE THAN OF THE ONE WHO HAS A HUSBAND."
28 And you brethren, LIKE ISAAC, {NOT ISHMAEL} are children of promise." Galatians 4:23-28 (N.A.S.B.)
Jehovah made this following promise to faithful Abraham! To wit:
12. 17 "Indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies.
18"In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."
19 So Abraham returned to his young men, and they arose and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham lived at Beersheba. Genesis 22:17-19 (N.A.S.B.) Paul follows through with this:
13. 15 "Brethren,I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man's covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it.
16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise."Galatians 3:15-17 (N.A.S.B.) Now, who does this tell us the promised seed was? Why it was the Christ, wasn't it? It doesn't tell us Muhammed, now does it?
14. Now, at this late date how do we indentify the Children of this
Heavenly Woman? The secondary seed of the promise? Those that reign with the Christ in the Heavenly Government as King Priests with him over this earth? Where are all of these now? According to Matthew 24:31 these are scattered to the "four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to the other extremity." These are the ones, when satan is cast down to this earth, he wages war against! How many of them at that time exist on this earth? Note the following:
17"And the dragon was angry with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, who keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus" Revelation 12:17 (D.T.)
These are the final ones sealed just prior to the end of this system of things as shown at Revelation 7:1-4 - Only a small group. A remnant!
1 "And after this I saw four angels standing upon the four corners of the earth, holding fast the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow upon the earth, nor upon the sea, nor upon any tree.
15. 2And I saw another angel ascending from [the] sunrising, having [the] seal of [the] living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it had been given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 saying, Hurt not the earth, nor the sea, nor the trees, until we shall have sealed the bondmen of our God upon their foreheads." Revelation 7:1-4 (D.T.) We know this particular Angel doing this final sealing worki in none other than the Christ himself in Angelic form; due to the fact, that he is the one who chose these ones in the first Century under his Father's direction. Anyone with even half a brain knows that this is not Muhammed the Prophet doing this final sealing of the heavenly calling. That notion, is not even in the realm of possibility.
16. Where, right now is this imitation prophet of Jehovah God? We know, this Prophet, so-called, was born in the City of Mecca in 570ce - he became ill and died in the year 632ce. So long after the Christ had been and gone, this one comes on the scene claiming he has the credentials of a true Prophet. Too late Muhammad, the Christ has left the building!

So, it proves out, that the Islamic Nation as a whole, finds themselves bowing in worship to a long dead corpes. One, who himself is now awaiting, hopefully, a resurrection from the death state by the very one who he has tried to ursurp the position of. I find that entirely laughable, in the extreme. Shiner2

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
So why can't the Quran be God's message for those people living in Muhammad's time and in Muhammad's area. The people there had different lives, lifestyles, and personalities from the people in the Old Testament and New Testament. Why wouldn't he send a message tailored to their understanding?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
So why can't the Quran be God's message for those people living in Muhammad's time and in Muhammad's area. The people there had different lives, lifestyles, and personalities from the people in the Old Testament and New Testament. Why wouldn't he send a message tailored to their understanding?

I agree. I believe that all major religions have a purpose. They each serve as a means for humans to find truth in their context.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Not all humans are the same. They don't think, learn, interact, communicate the same way. Why would God overlook this fact and present a one size fits all communication? Wouldn't it turn out better if he gave more personalized communication and then brought them all together in the end.

Poisonshady313

4. Now, they mention here, that the first man Adam was a Prophet of God. Sorry! Not Correct! Adam by his sin was put out of the garden along with his wife Eve. After that sin, Jehovah would have nothing more to do with that willfull sinner; and certainly would never use him as his Prophet. Not in any way could that ever happen. {Genesis 3:23,24} {Romans 5:12}
A prophet is anyone that God talks to. Even if you believe Adam's conversations with God ended once they were cast out of the garden, he was most certainly a prophet.. for at least some of his life.

5. Notice this next excerpt from this encyclopedia:
"Muslims are those who believe in one God and in Muhammad as the final Prophet of God. They devote their lives to the service of God, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe."
Is it possible that Muhammad was Jehovah's final Prophet? Who does the Bible actually tell us was this final Prophet?
As far as Jews are concerned, Malachi was the final prophet.

6. Long in advance it was foretold that Jehovah would raise up a Prophet like Moses, as the following reveals. We will learn that it definitely was not Muhammad this so-called Prophet:
15 "Moses continued, "The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet LIKE ME from among your fellow Israelites. You must LISTEN TO HIM. 16 For this is what you yourselves requested of the Lord your God when you were assembled at Mount Sinai. You said, ‘Don’t let us hear the voice of the Lord our God anymore or see this blazing fire, for we will die." Deuteronomy 18:15,16 (NLT)
I guess the only thing here that disqualifies Muhammed is that he wasn't a fellow Israelite.
6. Who was this Prophet like Moses? Was it Muhammad the Prophet? Absolutely not! It was the Son of God, Jesus Christ, as is seen now:
No sir.

There are two ways of looking at the verse... it was either Joshua, Moses' successor. Moses was preparing the people to accept his authority, to keep them united under Joshua as they were united under Moses...

or it was the promise that prophecy would be with them in general... i.e. every prophet was like Moses, in that they were prophets.

Being "like Moses" is limited, however, because the end of Deuteronomy points out that there can never be a prophet exactly "like Moses"

So it wasn't Muhammed.. and it wasn't Jesus either.

7. Who was it, that was 'the light of the World' in the first Century? Was it Muhammad?
That's a bogus question. Muhammed wasn't even around in the first century.

You're not very good at this, are you?

Poisonshady313

Paul follows through with this:
13. 15 "Brethren,I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man's covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it.
16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise."Galatians 3:15-17 (N.A.S.B.) Now, who does this tell us the promised seed was? Why it was the Christ, wasn't it?

Paul was an idiot. The Hebrew word for seed, used in the context of one's children, is a synonym for the words "progeny".

Progeny: –noun, plural -ny or, for plants or animals, -nies. 1. a descendant or offspring, as a child, plant, or animal. 2. such descendants or offspring collectively.

This "seed" is the nation of Israel.

Shiner2

Sola'lor!
He actually did send a message tailored to everybodies understanding! Problem is, Like the Jewish Nation, the majority today reject that message. They really do not want that message, because it interfers with their wicked lifestyles; and they just do not want to change their behavior for anyone, much less the Creator. The Bible is a message directed to every Nationality on this entire Globe. Talk to most of them about it, and even though they make profession to be Christian's they spit in your face when you mention what the Bible has to say about various subjects.

Do you, in your wildest dreams really believe that Jehovah would author more than one Bible, that contradicted what his original writing had to say on what Jehovah required from mankind? Give yourself a serious shake and wake up from your spiritual slumber! Shiner2

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Sola'lor!
He actually did send a message tailored to everybodies understanding! Problem is, Like the Jewish Nation, the majority today reject that message. They really do not want that message, because it interfers with their wicked lifestyles; and they just do not want to change their behavior for anyone, much less the Creator. The Bible is a message directed to every Nationality on this entire Globe. Talk to most of them about it, and even though they make profession to be Christian's they spit in your face when you mention what the Bible has to say about various subjects.

Do you, in your wildest dreams really believe that Jehovah would author more than one Bible, that contradicted what his original writing had to say on what Jehovah required from mankind? Give yourself a serious shake and wake up from your spiritual slumber! Shiner2

So you're saying that everyone must believe in the Bible's message to gain salvation?