• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does one go about starting a Self-initiatory occult order?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Seriously, how does one go about it? A friend and I have been working on a concept and we finally have a 20 page text detailing "deities" and the mystical system of the order. Where to next?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
First, you have to get a whole lot of smack. That's how you keep your follower's fed. Then you start talking your married members into the idea that you "just might" be a messiah of some kind. After that... That open marriages allow for the birth of "blessed" children. If someone starts asking too many questions they may need twice the smack and re-iterate that there faith is waning and that they will need to do special things for you... like rob gas stations, and burn churches... well something... BE CREATIVE! :devil:

Premium Member
Haha I more just meant getting the material out. I think it's a good goal to put out more inspiration in a path convinced ToS and CoS are the be all end all. When I say self initiatory I don't mean running a scam like Aquino, no hierarchy, not applications, no payments, self initiation.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Haha I more just meant getting the material out. I think it's a good goal to put out more inspiration in a path convinced ToS and CoS are the be all end all. When I say self initiatory I don't mean running a scam like Aquino, no hierarchy, not applications, no payments, self initiation.

You do realize real religions and occult groups hire marketing people right? You'll need some too. You have to get publishers, media support, and more if you're serious -- do talk shows... tv or radio... pick controversial subjects and flip out on the other guests or manipulate them into fighting each other. I'm not a marketing guy, but I realize you need at least this much. After that... you need a good 'product' that stands on it's own. Ask yourself if what you are trying to say is too nebulous and burn those lines... all of them... keep doing that every time you write a line... 20 pages of gold is worth a million of crap...

If you thought the FBI Lanning report type Geraldo shows were about exposing the truth you're whacky. It was a big recruitment drive for ToS -- no one even knew they existed.

Premium Member
Eh I'm all for letting stupid masses fill my pockets but seems like too much trouble for now lol.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!

Youtube man. You can accomplish everything you want to on youtube, and more. It's all about the name though. If you think of a unique name then your golden.

apophenia

If it was your Will you would already be doing it.

The Way would form according to Will.

Do you know what you Will ?

( I mean apart from -' anything I want is my will man ...' etc )

Premium Member
If it was your Will you would already be doing it.

The Way would form according to Will.

Do you know what you Will ?

( I mean apart from -' anything I want is my will man ...' etc )

Well i did write it...

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
You could create a website called whatever you decide to name your occult order, for instance Ordo Templi Luciferi, and outline your order's philosophy on that site. I'm not sure I would call it "Order of the Scarab" the ToS has already had an inner-Temple order by that name, copyright laws may apply. Maybe Esoteric Order of the Scarab? The Order of the Scarab was created by Magister Robert Moffat in the middle 1980's, who when he left the ToS handed the reigns over to Magister Doug Pridgen who changed the name of the order to the Order of Xepera, and later deactivated that order when he established the Order of Xnum.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Premium Member
Order of Khepri would be fine and preferable anyways. I'm not going to take on a corporate religion machine haha.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Assuming you really are serious the first thing you should do is find like-minded souls. Publish your material somewhere where people find it and give them a place to connect with each other. A forum or something similar works. Youtube is definitely a good tool and then the rest is pretty much sheer luck - assuming you're really onto something people are looking for.

If you want to play dirty, start sticking around on occult chatrooms and forums and be there among the first to teach the newbies. Seekers are always more keen to listen than those who've already found their route.

Premium Member
I was told to talk about it as if it's already a growing, solid entity.

ScottySatan

I have experience in this. The main problem is getting enough committed people.

1) Be in a big city. If you don't live in a big city, do your physical meetings in a big city and do the commute. Otherwise, you won't get enough people. You'll end up having a meeting of 2.

2) Have a charismatic "high priest". Everyone always assumed I was the leader. I am an introvert in person, also flatly refused to be a leader or priest in any way, arguing that LHP people are the ones that need a leader the least, and that I'm not a god - damned babysitter, I was asking for equals. Members saw that as a sign of weakness in me as a "leader" and a weakness in the group somehow.

3) Do something very flashy at your first and second meeting, even if it's just at a bar.

Last edited:

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Basically, do everything that any other leader of a particular religion does. :D

apophenia

What is the aim of this order ?

Why an order ?

Why not, for example, a book ?

What is it you want ?

How do you imagine yourself when you imagine this order ?

How do imagine being treated, or regarded ?

Premium Member
Actually it is a book opposed to an order like ToS. The purpose would be to create additional inspiration for an Adept of occultism. It's a different take on occult concepts. What I want, originally, is just to get my own thoughts together. Then I realized everything that inspired all of us was created by someone else, and their inspiration by someone else, etc. I couldn't do anything like ToS or A.'.A.'. and claim be all end all philosophy. I'd never want that, I'm LHP. I imagine being regarded as simply another occult author, hopefully above the random drivel. Besides that I assume I'd be regarded exactly as I am now.

Informare

Setian I°
While I hope to avoid an argument, TS does not claim to be the end all of anything, and any TS member who does so is severely mistaken.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
While I hope to avoid an argument, TS does not claim to be the end all of anything, and any TS member who does so is severely mistaken.

Agreed, what the ToS does and all it does is help the Initiate lay a foundation for their own belief system and Self-Initiatory path in life. The ToS is only a source of teaching and guidance, only you can become the Truth of your own Being, neither Set nor his Temple can do it for you. Furthermore, those who rely only on the beliefs of another and/or are incapable of initiating themselves don't even enter into the mind of Set. Be not mistaken, the Dark Lord of the Left-Hand Path does not seek mindless followers, but rather equals! In the realms of the Black Arts the Self always comes first, before all else.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited: